The Bride and The Beast

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 22, 2005.

1. KEN S.

KEN S.

May 5, 2005
    Covington,LA.
    Great shots1

Uncle Frank...your photos are very well done...
    Your enthusiasm about this lens is contagious, and partly why I also purchased one recently.
    Can you share what flash unit was used, and any special setting,etc.
    thanks.
    Peace..Ken

ps.please forgive any misspelled words..it comes naturally!:eek:

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Frank, it's amazing - all of your shots are soooo good! Wow! And the way you work, it looks so effortless - those chicas just seem to fall into place in front of your lens. And that flash thingamabob! Wow!

Here's one I though you ought to see, just for the nostalgia:
    [​IMG]

ps, check the total babe all the way left.

3. Uncle Frank,

Thanks for the suggestion of using the Lumiquest softbox for the SB800. I already received it and did some test shots last night. Looking forward to using it over this long weekend with family.

You're photos are outstanding. I know this is not the critique section and you haven't asked for any advice, and maybe you want to throw me out on my ear, but; If I may make one suggestion for the cake cutting photo.

In photoshop levels choose the white eyedropper (the one on the right) and select the white spot to the left of the knot in his tie. Here are the results of this one step.

Let me know if this offends you. I think your work is better than mine.
    Greg

24110fix-uncle-frank.

4. I appreciate you pointing that out, Greg! The picture looks much better with your adjustment. It's always helps to get a look through someone else's eyeballs. Thanks :smile:.