The Brooklin bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by smera, Oct 14, 2005.

1. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    The wonderful Brooklin Bridge, built in 1875, and a nice view of NYC.

Cheers.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Interesting appearance to the B&W. It looks like the old Kodak Plus-X without any filters. I like the shot, but IMHO, it could use a 16 orange filter. In digital terms, I think it could use some more contrast, to darken the sky and bring out the cloud.

3. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi Warren,

Thank you for your pertinent comments. I will try that for sure. Loved your whale images in your gallery by the way.

Cheers

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think that is a great composition.

However, personal self, I don't appreciate the art of B/W. It is an art. Yes I have some Ansel Adams books. Mainly to learn light, and shadows. But have no desire to do B/w.

5. very nicely done.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great shot of the Brooklyn Bridge; brings back memories.....(I never grew up but lived in Manhattan as a teenager)...

Is this pre- the "Oy, Veh You're Leaving" sign? Or is it further on the approach?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005