The Camera Plane

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I did most of my shooting from this plane. Bill King flies his Tiger Moth:

2. Way cool way to pursue your photographic hobby. That looks like sooo much fun. I recently did a 14,000 foot freefall parachute jump from a plane that looked that old. Of course it wasn't.

3. Who would jump out of a perfectly good airplane? When I jumped out of them, I didn't think they were 'perfectly good.' I used to get airsick and looked forward to getting out into that cool, fresh air..........at 120+ mph.

Fun, fun, fun.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You guys are NUTZ.... 8)

Frank

5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I'll admit I've done some not-too-bright things in airplanes for the sake of getting a good or better shot......like the time I wrapped the lap belt (only one in the plane) around my ankle and hung over the side of the plane (everything above the waist was out) to get a clear shot past the wings. One good bump of turbulance and I would have experienced skydiving, only without the 'chute. We fly too low to even worry about 'chutes! I'm not proud of it, nor do I, in any way, endorse it. In spite of my insanity, I still cannot see any reason to leave a functioning aircraft voluntarily!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG

Gale

7. I've flown that plane, though it was a few years back. Is it still based at Headcorn?

The red appears to be very bright, I remember it being somewhat maroon

8. Doh...I thought it was G-ACDC. My mistake.

9. geeeez, Baywing, you gotta death wish or something??? *LOL* I thought kayaking with sharks was dangerous - hanging out of a plane with a belt around my ankles - NO THANK YOU!!!! Hope your insurance premium is paid up so the missus can have a good time! LMAO