The Carefree Life (an interesting perspective)

Discussion in 'People' started by Chad Gladstone, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Beautiful image Chad, nice memory for keep.

Very well exposed too.

Regards,
    Jonathan

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shot Chad.

Great expression.

3. Nice lighting on your daughter Chad. It really makes her the focal point of the image.

4. This was another attempt at a blended exposure - the sky was very nearly blown so I processed two raw with the first one stop over and the second one stop under using luminous landscape's digital blending action is worked pretty well and although the clouds look a little funky, the exposure on the subject is what I was looking for. Thanks everyone for their kind responses. I love this site :D . I have completely abandoned posting images on dpreview.

5. That's a nice job with the processing Chad. I haven't tried that blending action. I will often use the highlight/shadow settings to accomplish the same thing. Have you compared the result with both methods and what do your recommend?

6. When I have enough blocked shadows/burned highlights, that ps feature appears to do nothing to recover the burned areas and adds a lot of noise to the blocked shadow areas. The action is really easy and I will email it to you with instructions if you want to have a go at it and compare the results for yourself. At first the shadows/highlights feature was a godsend (and one of the main reasons I upgraded besides acr and 16 bit functionality), but now the feature appears to do too much damage to merit much utility (for me at least.)