The caribbean...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, May 21, 2005.

1. I was on a cruise through the Caribbean for my honeymoon and took a lot of landscape (seascape) shots. I didn't end up shooting for deep saturated blues which is what I expected to get out of a trip to the Caribbean. Instead I got stuff like this:

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

Well I guess that last one had some blue in it. There's a gallery with some more shots on my Pbase site:

http://www.pbase.com/manzico/caribbean

What do you think? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

2. Whatever color these are they are very nice. I'm surprised you could concentrate on photography while on your honemoon.

3. Only a few minutes a day

Thanks for the complement. I managed to fit in some shooting for a few minutes each day. There are plenty of photos of my wife and I as well so she didn't feel ignored. But I was able to sneak in some other shots here and there. I also would shoot off of the deck of the boat around sunset each day as we were leaving port. So it was a combination of planning, and the fact that I have a very understanding wife that I managed to get any shooting done at all.

Dave

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Ooooo, I like these a lot David. I seem to lack the imagination to think of taking shots like these. Then again, I'm still working on getting the more normal shots right. Well done.

Neil

5. Zulu-

Zulu- Guest

What about a picture of the bride in the Caribbean:?:

Nice images thanks for sharing.

6. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I love #1 and #5...great shots!

C

7. thank you...

Thanks for all of your comments. I rather enjoyed shooting at sea. It was really very stimulating. The results were not what I expected, but I love them all the same.

Dave

8. Wow! B&W images of the Carribean isn't what one would expect but you did a wonderful job here!

What part of the C?

Woody

9. They're from a lot of places

The first shot is of an island near Montserrat, but I don't know the name of it. The second two were shot just off the coast of one of the Dutch islands, but again, I can't remember the name. The last two are from Puerto Rico. Specifically the Fuerte San Cristobal. I'm glad you liked them.

Dave