The Cement City aka New York

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Sep 22, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Some recent images of the Cement City.
    All taken with a D100 and a nikkor 35-70ED

George Washington Bridge under Moonlight- 2 image panorama
    original.

Newlyweds on the Lake in Central Park
    original.

The Mime in Central Park
    original.

Turtle Pond in Central Park - 4 image panorama
    original.

Conservatory Water and 5th Avenue - 6 image panorama
    original.

The Great Lawn in Central Park - 4 image panorama
    original.

Central Park Zoo
    original.

ABC Studios in Times Square
    original.

Lunchtime on Avenue of the Americas- 2 image panorama
    original.

Morgan Stanley Billboard in Times Square
    original.

Regards

RFC

2. Wonderful, diverse, fun shots of a great place. You have done a really nice job with your Pano's RFC. NY is such a great city to photograph in and you have really captured some nice scenes. Well done.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree w/Gordon...wonderful and diverse!! The newlywed shot is great! Bet they'd love a copy of that...Second favorite is the Morgan-Stanley shot....great angle and perspective!

Thanks for sharing.

4. great stuff. i like the optical illusion on the newlyweds. looks like she is rowing

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Such fun photos

My favorite one is the cental park zoo. You got a good exposure in a difficult lighting situation. How did you meter for that one since you had so many shadows?

I also love the Newlyweds photo.

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Greyflash
    Thanks for the comments, NYC is really a lot of fun !

Regards

RFC

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks Leigh for the comments. You and patrick should come a visit the big apple some day :)

Regards

RFC

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Thanks dmwphoto for the comments.

Regards

RFC

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Terri,

Thanks for the comments. I have been shooting central park for a couple of years now and typically when I have scenes with strong contrasts I dial in a
    -7 to -1 on my D100. Post processing of that image also involved burning and dodging of shadows to enhance the tonal range.

Regards

RFC

10. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Robert, your shots of New York always exude such class and these are no exception. In particular, your night shots always make superb viewing and the one of the GW bridge is no exception.

A question you may or may not be able to answer: isn't the third building from the left in the Conservatory Water and 5th Avenue shot the one where "Pale Male" nests, or at least was doing so before some of the more moronic residents got upset?

Neil

11. Robert, Nice shots. I especially like the stock quotes, but I'm a stock broker so I'm a little biased.

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Sbuttrick and NeilCam,

Thanks for the comments. And yes Neil, the third building from the right is home of pale male the hawk evicted last year. It is also home to Paula Zahn and Mary Tyler Moore.

That hawk has good taste !

Regards

RFC