The chalk artist-Queen Street

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by rbsinto, Apr 15, 2007.

1. This is a shot I got last summer on Queen Street, here in Toronto. This extremely talented man copies pictures of comic-book action figures on the sidewalk with chalk pastels. Every day, he sets up at one of two or three locations and spends hours doing these beautiful images. When I came upon him this particular day he was just beginning his image of Batgirl, and was so engrossed in his work that he never even looked up, and I shot without disturbing him.
    motorized Nikon F with meterless eyelevel prism
    Samyang 18~28 f4~4.5 AIS manual focus zoom
    Fuji Sensia II
    exposure probably f11 @ whatever
    handheld and metered with Minolta Flashmeter III in incident mode
    [​IMG]

2. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    fantastic! i've seen him around as well.. great art

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Interesting.

He's doing a darned good job of scaling up an Alex Ross depiction of BG from a few years back...

John P.