1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Chrysler Building (Vertical Panorama)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by leungphotography, Jul 14, 2008.

1. The Chrysler Building (Art Deco)... one of the most beautiful skyscrapers in NYC IMHO. Currently, third tallest building in NYC. Construction completed in May 27, 1930.

Standing at 319 metres (1,047 ft), it was briefly the world's tallest building before it was surpassed by the Empire State Building in 1931. However, the Chrysler Building remains the world's tallest brick building.

* 14 Shot VERTICAL Panorama *

331684197_7EeHC-X3.

331405992_26duY-L.

331399314_DMrc7-L.

331398687_pA9br-L.

331399636_TzTds-L.

331398943_avMw8-L.

2. Leung,

Very nice. #1 is very special. I see that you made it from 14 images. Did you also do HDR? Would appear that if you didn't, that would have made it even more spectacular! Thanks for the history lesson as I had totally forgotten the short-lived fame of the Chrysler Building. These building are simply amazing.

Could you tell me what lens (focal length) you used please?

Thanks you for sharing these.

Regards,

3. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    The CB is one of my favs in NYC. Looks like the building is going to fall over. :) 

4. that is awesome
    the chrysler building IS gorgeous
    you have done it justice with this excellent photography

very well done

5. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Leung, these are awesome.

6. Amazing work-

Also- I never realized the Chrysler Building was brick- that is amazing in itself-

7. Thanks Barry.... I guess if I would try HDR, I would need to try it a little earlier... this was about 10:30pm at night. I don't have the original photos with me now... but I can let you know the focal length and exposure later on.

8. Yes... great building... Which one is falling over? all of them are! :) 

9. Thanks Greg for your kind words! :smile:

10. Thanks!

11. Thanks Jeff! Yes, I didn't realize it was brick until during the shoot and noticed the brick... then I did some reading and its pretty amazing. Also, no one died during the construction of this building either.

12. And now it is owned by a foreign nation. Another American icon sold. And Anheuser Busch was recently sold to a company from the Netherlands. Like a lot of Europeans nations, we are selling off our heritage. Next may be GM.

13. always look forward to your shots, and here are more shining examples of your good work. the the CB is jsut an amazing building.

14. These are wonderful... have you ever tried using a tilt lens for bid buildings?

15. Beautiful photos Leung :D 

16. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Great stuff. Thanks for sharing

17. OK... here's the exif for each shot...

17-55 @ 55mm, iso100, f/8, 3s
    Shot in raw format. :smile:

18. Thanks!! I actually have never even touched a tilt lens before. Those things look so weird. :) 

Could you please share... what advantage would I have with a tilt lens... especially with a building THIS tall? I am uneducated regarding tilt lenses.

19. Thanks very much! CB is one amazing building. I think I'm going to have to look for a better angle. I think RFC came up with a great one.

20. Thanks Dez!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.