The Chrysler Building (Vertical Panorama)

The Chrysler Building (Art Deco)... one of the most beautiful skyscrapers in NYC IMHO. Currently, third tallest building in NYC. Construction completed in May 27, 1930.

Standing at 319 metres (1,047 ft), it was briefly the world's tallest building before it was surpassed by the Empire State Building in 1931. However, the Chrysler Building remains the world's tallest brick building.

* 14 Shot VERTICAL Panorama *

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Leung,

Very nice. #1 is very special. I see that you made it from 14 images. Did you also do HDR? Would appear that if you didn't, that would have made it even more spectacular! Thanks for the history lesson as I had totally forgotten the short-lived fame of the Chrysler Building. These building are simply amazing.

Could you tell me what lens (focal length) you used please?

Thanks you for sharing these.

Regards,

Thanks Barry.... I guess if I would try HDR, I would need to try it a little earlier... this was about 10:30pm at night. I don't have the original photos with me now... but I can let you know the focal length and exposure later on.

Very nice. #1 is very special. I see that you made it from 14 images. Did you also do HDR? Would appear that if you didn't, that would have made it even more spectacular! Thanks for the history lesson as I had totally forgotten the short-lived fame of the Chrysler Building. These building are simply amazing.

Could you tell me what lens (focal length) you used please?

Thanks you for sharing these.

Regards,

Thanks Jeff! Yes, I didn't realize it was brick until during the shoot and noticed the brick... then I did some reading and its pretty amazing. Also, no one died during the construction of this building either.

Amazing work-

Also- I never realized the Chrysler Building was brick- that is amazing in itself-

And now it is owned by a foreign nation. Another American icon sold. And Anheuser Busch was recently sold to a company from the Netherlands. Like a lot of Europeans nations, we are selling off our heritage. Next may be GM.

always look forward to your shots, and here are more shining examples of your good work. the the CB is jsut an amazing building.

Thanks Barry.... I guess if I would try HDR, I would need to try it a little earlier... this was about 10:30pm at night. I don't have the original photos with me now... but I can let you know the focal length and exposure later on.
OK... here's the exif for each shot...

17-55 @ 55mm, iso100, f/8, 3s
Shot in raw format. :smile:

These are wonderful... have you ever tried using a tilt lens for bid buildings?
Thanks!! I actually have never even touched a tilt lens before. Those things look so weird. :)

Could you please share... what advantage would I have with a tilt lens... especially with a building THIS tall? I am uneducated regarding tilt lenses.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom