The correct sharpening method !

Today I used a file ! :biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Should've used a sharpening stone"
With one exception those look like tools used to chop and slash. A fine edge would be wasted in no time. My brother worked on tugboats and worked with ropes as big around as your leg. They sharpend their knives on a concrete block. They ended up with what looked like a fine toothed saw that make short work of cutting rope. GH

With one exception those look like tools used to chop and slash. A fine edge would be wasted in no time.

Not to put too fine a point on it:biggrin:, but the angle at which you sharpen your knife determines the 'fineness' of the edge. I have knives that look similar to those that, in a former life, I used for butchering/portioning/filleting bluefin tuna.

With one exception those look like tools used to chop and slash. A fine edge would be wasted in no time. My brother worked on tugboats and worked with ropes as big around as your leg. They sharpend their knives on a concrete block. They ended up with what looked like a fine toothed saw that make short work of cutting rope. GH
That's exactly my reasoning ! With a 'rough' sharp edge , especially the lower one , they rip through things like the hard vines that hang around in the trees .

Looks like some sharpening artifacts on that lower one!
In this case they were intentional :tongue:

I will venture a guess that you don't shave with those instruments.
I can shave a bit of hair off my arm with either one of them once they are sharpened but generally - no , I don't shave with them on purpose :smile:

That's exactly my reasoning ! With a 'rough' sharp edge , especially the lower one , they rip through things like the hard vines that hang around in the trees .

In this case they were intentional :tongue:

I can shave a bit of hair off my arm with either one of them once they are sharpened but generally - no , I don't shave with them on purpose :smile:
so im guessing youve shaved with them accidently :tongue:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom