The Cotswolds - England

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by createwithlight, Sep 18, 2008.

1. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Hi All

It's been a little while since I last posted here. My wife and I went away to an area known as the Cotswolds in England for our 5th wedding anniversary. It is about 30 miles North West of Oxford, if that helps???

The weather was generally rainy, but there was the odd burst of sunshine and a couple of spectacular sunsets.

We discovered a 1000 year old church called St Nicholas, and were lucky enough to go at a time when the sun peaked out and shone through the windows. It was an incredibly atmospheric church, which is hopefully portrayed by some of the photos below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got to watch the sunset twice in a place called Broadway, famous for Broadway Tower, which was built in 1799 as a Gothic folly. The views were amazing, as were the sunsets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also saw a lot of deer at Broadway Tower:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you like the photos.

Any comments welcome.

Warmest regards,

Grant

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  2. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Equipment used

To follow up...

All shots were taken with a Nikon D200, and I used the Nikkor 17-55mm AF-S for wide angle shots and the Nikkor 70-200mm AF-S VR + Nikkor 1.4x tele-converter for the deer shots. All processed in Capture NX 2 and Photoshop CS3.

Regards,

Grant

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    You got some lovely shots here Grant, the Cotswolds are such a pretty place.

Next time you may want to link directly into the cafe using the IMG syntax, it makes your thread nicer and easier to view.

4. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Hi Robert

Thanks for your comments.

Can you please explain how I link photos directly?

Many thanks,

Grant

5. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Looks like you worked it out for yourself!

Thanks, looks much better now

6. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Hehehe, thanks Robert. I had a serious brain donor moment....you would never have guessed that I've been in IT for nearly 15 years!!! :biggrin:

7. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice shots Grant. Great light and color.

Ken

8. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Thanks for your comments Ken, much appreciated.

9. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful images. It's a place I would dearly love to visit.

10. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Thanks very much Art. It was the first time we have been there. I highly recommend a visit to the area.

All the best,

Grant

11. The church looks liek a beautiful building. I very much like the last castle shot also.

12. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    Thanks a lot Anthony. Being in a church so old and atmospheric was a really humbling experience. We were very lucky to have a break in the weather to see the sunset at the tower too.

Regards,

Grant

13. thanks for the post. Brings back memories of my trip thru that area as well as the moors, Stratford, Lands End, London, Plymouth, Bournemouth as well as many places I cant remember at this time.

Great history there!

14. createwithlight

createwithlight

May 1, 2006
    UK
    My pleasure, glad I could help you take a trip down memory lane :smile:

I am originally from Cape Town, South Africa and have been doing a lot of adventuring around Britain in the 8 years I have lived here...it really is an amazing place.

All the best,

Grant

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.