The Crazy Heron

Real Name
Randy
D7100 + 80-400

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a Self-Portrait to me, Randy ..... :wink::wink::tongue:

Is that a spec of dust in the upper right corner?

And what did you do to annoy this Heron?????? Shame on you ...... :eek::biggrin:

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like a Self-Portrait to me, Randy ..... :wink::wink::tongue:

Is that a spec of dust in the upper right corner?

And what did you do to annoy this Heron?????? Shame on you ...... :eek::biggrin:
Wise guy:smile:

I looked at that and I think it's a fly

Do you see that white hair looking thing coming from his head ?

Look closely at this shot and you can see them even more.....is that heron hair or what

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Randy
Randy just explained to him the difference in price/weight between a D7100 + 80-400G
and a D800 + 400VR...! :tongue:

Great shot, Randy...! :cool:
Thanks William

These are the same triplets from my 'triplets' post and they were waiting for mom to come back with a pizza and were getting stressed I guess

Wise guy:smile:

I looked at that and I think it's a fly

Do you see that white hair looking thing coming from his head ?

Look closely at this shot and you can see them even more.....is that heron hair or what

http://www.carolina-sportsphotography.com/photos/i-wnwgHPn/0/XL/i-wnwgHPn-XL.jpg
I have seen those "white bits" before, on a number of different juvenile birds. I just tried to Google for this on the GBH but did not find anything definitive as to "why".

Saw them first on a juvenile finch at my house which looked like this:
Bad Hair Day for a Little Finch

I suspect this is the same for many species, here is another:
Juvenile Great Blue Heron
where you can see the same.

Real Name
Randy
I have seen those "white bits" before, on a number of different juvenile birds. I just tried to Google for this on the GBH but did not find anything definitive as to "why".

Saw them first on a juvenile finch at my house which looked like this:
Bad Hair Day for a Little Finch

I suspect this is the same for many species, here is another:
Juvenile Great Blue Heron
where you can see the same.

Thx bill

Now I see a perfect little circle between the 2 herons in the 2nd shot, can't be dust I don't think because it is so perfect in shape
Maybe a light reflection

Love the topknot of "hair". You are really ticking me off posting shots from the 80-400 AF-S. I still haven't sold my 300 f/2.8 yet to pay off my 500 f/4.

Love the topknot of "hair". You are really ticking me off posting shots from the 80-400 AF-S. I still haven't sold my 300 f/2.8 yet to pay off my 500 f/4.
Be careful, and I hope Randy does not read this, but I think that Randy is in the process of creating a cult, in fact I'm sure of it. Whatever you do, don't accept any Kool-aid from him ..... :biggrin:

Hmmmm, I guess I shouldn't talk, having recently purchased not only the 80-400 but a D7100, at least partly on his advice. Well, I'm not drinking his Kool-aid either, that's for sure!!!!!

Anybody check the latest Nikon financials to see if Randy is getting a kick-back?????

Real Name
Randy
Be careful, and I hope Randy does not read this, but I think that Randy is in the process of creating a cult, in fact I'm sure of it. Whatever you do, don't accept any Kool-aid from him ..... :biggrin:

Hmmmm, I guess I shouldn't talk, having recently purchased not only the 80-400 but a D7100, at least partly on his advice. Well, I'm not drinking his Kool-aid either, that's for sure!!!!!

Anybody check the latest Nikon financials to see if Randy is getting a kick-back?????
it started along time ago, just posting images as camera/lens reviews and skipping the other stuff

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom