The "Cream Machine" @ f1.4

This was taken at 7:18am. The morning light was so beautiful. The model is Kasia Sweeny.

1/640 f1.4
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Fred, great shot...I love how you use your reflector to get some light on her face...very even lighting...nice, very nice...

Fred, great shot...I love how you use your reflector to get some light on her face...very even lighting...nice, very nice...
Thanks John. This was a tricky shot for me, but I felt brave and tried it with the 85mm - I think could be a little sharper.

Excellent Fred, your lens is doing what it does best.
Thanks Gordon. IMO this is my first keeper @ f1.4 with my 85mm.

N

Nuteshack

you're brutal man (7:18am?) ,,i love it,lol ...wonderful shot, Frede....don't worry about "sharp" it's plenty sharp...it's all about the MAGIC, and u captured it perfectly, imho....;-)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice of model for that lens. Nice capture.
Thanks Scott.

Great shot Fred...it looks like it was a little chilly - the hair on her arm is standing straight up!! :biggrin:
Thanks Keith.

Beautiful shot Fred. Nice example of the 85 1.4!
And to think...some start their morning with a boring cup of coffee... :Wink:

Nice job with the lighting here. Love the backlighting on her hair.

Glad to see you are getting good with that lens wide open. It still gives me fits at f1.4!
Thanks Mitchell. More lucky than good really.

How can you tell a reflector was used?? You're good!!
Yea John is right. The effect of the reflector was very subtle - I was reflecting ambient light not the sun on this.

you're brutal man (7:18am?) ,,i love it,lol ...wonderful shot, Frede....don't worry about "sharp" it's plenty sharp...it's all about the MAGIC, and u captured it perfectly, imho....;-)))
Thanks Nute - we were late for this time of the year - should have been there 90 minutes earlier.

Excellent capture, very nicely done
Thanks Dude.

Love it Fred.............. very fresh.......... and has a superb 70's feel to it! :biggrin:

G
Thanks Graeme - fresh was our goal, so that's nice to hear.

Great job Fred.

I love the backlit rimlighting of the hair.
Thanks Tom.

No twisted straps... I'm happy :biggrin:

Very nice, Fred.
Thanks Woody.......now strap issue......yeah! :smile:

It's a lovely shot, but I am most amazed at how much is actually in focus at 1.4 with that lens.
Well done!
Thanks Stuart - I am amazed the I got a keeper at 1.4 - first one I think...... :eek:

very nice again...
Thanks Maurice!

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Beautiful pose, composition, sharpness, and use of fill lighting. I made an adjustment using a Levels layer to lower the darks a little, increasing contrast. I set the blackpoint at 10 and gamma to 0.85.

Your original image:

My adjusted image:

http://www.roweimages.com/posts/nikoncafe/portrait.psd is a PSD file that includes your original image and my levels adjustment layer.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom