The Cropping power of the D2X 12mp

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by GenoP754, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Hello everyone....

Shooting for the local paper today.....Bergen Catholic High School Baseball......I just had to post this.

Shot in crop mode then cropped more....remember it's for the newspaper not a poster....plus it helps to have field credentials.....

This is just way to much fun!

Wait till my 300VR gets here.

GenoP

original.

2. One More..

this is some dangerous stuff.....

Geno

original.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Geno,

Didn't your mother (or priest, or rabbi, or pastor) tell you that having this much fun is a sin, and will make you go blind.... :lol:

Cool shots. 8)

Frank

4. For Flew

Yea right....

Thanks for looking Flew......

I can't resist it.......ONE MORE!!!!!!

GenoP

original.

Caption:

4/13/2005 Paramus NJ
    Bergen Catholic Crusaders vs Paramus Catholic Paladins

The Catch of the Day
    Hit by BC#15 Brandon Feil and taken down by PC#7 Mike Murray. BC#15 ran all the way to third thinking the ball was dropped.....However he was wrong.....OUT!

Photo: Eugene Parciasepe Jr.

5. Nice shots Geno! I sure hope PC won since that's my alma mater. In fact, I just realized next month will mark 20 years since my graduation. Ouch. :D

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Geno,
    Great shots! and thanks for writing about the D2X that you saw in the store...If you hadn't put in the phone number I never would have called. Just couldn't help myself...

Now, when you get your 300VR don't put in the phone number :lol:

Super baseball shots and I love baseball. The Minnesotta Twins and the Boston Red Socks do their spring training down here in my town.

Gaye

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi there Geno,
    Great to see ya.

Fantastic shots.

Thanks for sharing

8. Sorry

I hate to say BC won by 1 point in the last inning....It was real close...plus what a rivalry!

GenoP

9. Don't look now....

Don't look now, but the 300 VR is here. I got it from the same place Gaye. Took about 4 days to come in; and 5 for the replacement foot from Really Right Stuff.

GenoP

original.

View attachment 7357

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey Geno?

Good action shots. When you use the HSC mode, do you find yourself almost always using the center focus reticle? I find if I use the side ones, there isn't much room to leave any open from for a subject to "go" into.

12. Great stuff, very well done, you shouldnt have showed the 300 VR shots, that was down right mean of you :wink:

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl

!!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!!!

SAVE ME PLEASE FROM BANKRUPTSY

VR VR VR

14. Re: Hey Geno?

I use center a lot...It seems to be the fastest, but if I know a runner is headed to second or third I use the one to the right and focus on his head as I pan along with him. In this case I actually knew he was going to steal second so I prefocused. Today I finally had time to figure out the focus memory and I really thing that will help with sports. I can have the lens pre-focused and also try to get a shot of the pitcher or someone else prior to the run.

GenoP

15. Gale,

It looks like I am headed that way so I might as well take all the toys I can with me....

Just Kidding,
    GenoP

16. This really hurts!

First I would like to thank everyone for stopping by.....

Today I took the D2H with me since I was shooting some skateboarding with my kids and need the 8fps non-cropped. I had some fun with the Fish-eye and at the end of the day I tried the 300 totally hand-held...and got caught in the act. But I can't believe I can actually see the goose bumps on this lovely ladies arm.

GenoP

original.

View attachment 7359

http://www.pbase.com/genop754/image/42210979/original