The Cuties and Mr. Evil Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by OHcorgis, Jul 28, 2008.

1. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    That one bird is an evil lokin' fella ,,, wow,,, some great captures with the detail fantastic !!!

2. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Great detail on these. Number one looks like an immature Red Bellied WP.

3. You may be correct. She is a weird color. I remember shooting a RB thinking it was a funny color, then when I processed the photo I decided the photo was a Hairy, forgetting about the RB WP.

4. WOW Birgit! NICE shootin! I chuckled out loud when I saw the evil evil bird! I get way too many grackles in my yard! The goldfinch and the juvi cardinal are both adorable! And yep, that woodpecker certainly is an odd color! Keep em comin! I'm learning from ya!

5. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Nice set Birgit, I like the cardinal best. Great focus and detail on all of them.

6. Thank you Dianne. For some reason I have too many grackles also, and starlings too this year. I keep telling the hawks those are their food.

Thank you, I am having good luck with my 300 f/4 and 1.4 TC.

Thank you. The grackle looks like he has some feathers missing which makes him look really gruesome.

7. Wow! Excellent captures, Brigit. :smile: Your title says it all.
    The evil one really has an evil look but aslo the lighting sets
    the tone for the whole image.
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    amazing feather detail
    what lens ?

9. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    I LOVE that Evil Evil Bird! Very nice Birgit.

10. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Just looking again. The Goldfinch is amazing. Great detail. And "Evil" is definitely a good title on the last one.

11. [QUOTE]coffee Wow! Excellent captures, Brigit. Your title says it all.
    The evil one really has an evil look but aslo the lighting sets
    the tone for the whole image.
    Thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
    Thanks. I used 300mm f/4 w 1.4TC

Gary, doesn't he look like something out a Alfred Hitchcock movie?

Thank you. I find Goldfinches difficult. That yellow eats the light and they look like little yellow blobs.:tongue:

12. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice series. All of the shots are wonderfully clear and sharp. I kind of like the "Evil" guy too. Looks like he's having a hard life.

13. Brigit,
    now this is an excellent series.
    Kevin P.

14. Looks like he has mange on his face:tongue: I don't know, I think there should be feathers there and i don't quite know what the hole is. Of course I did not see all that until I got it into Photoshop.

Thank you so much for your kind words.