1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoJo2Fast, Jul 22, 2008.

1. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    I know this is a photog forum and all but what did you all think of the new Batman movie for those of you who have seen it? I just saw it tonight and I was wowed throughout the whole movie. Hands down one of the best flicks I've seen in a long time. Ledger is amazing as Joker and there was action throughout the whole 2 and a half hours which was awesome. So what are your thoughts?

2. danngggg...!! seems like everyone seen it. i have yet to watch it! but everyone has told me that it is better than good! i've heard great reviews about this movie. i think i'll have to watch the first one again. did u watch it on IMAX? i hear that they have different scenes in the IMAX one.

3. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    No I just saw it in regular theaters tonight but I definitely plan to go see it in IMAX. I've never seen anything in IMAX so I think this would be a good movie to start out with haha. I highly suggest you go see it soon, it's worth every penny!

4. Jeromy

Jeromy

Mar 19, 2008
    Utah
    Took the nephew saturday, Was the best superhero movie ever made in my eyes. Great! Going to try and hit an imax theater this week.

5. shoot. i should plan on watching it with a few friends before they all see it already and i have no one to go watch it with :*(

and i've been really busy lately and couldn't watch it with some other friends this past few days. arg

6. You cannot measure the awesomeness that was "The Dark Knight". Hands down the best superhero movie ever. I thought all the talk about an oscar for Heath Ledger was only because he was dead, but his performance was definitely worthy. I haven't seen many people play a psychotic freak as well as he did.

I was also one of the idiots who went to the midnight showing, only because I just don't have time during the day :biggrin:

7. if Heath doesn't win at least an Oscar for his portrayal of The Joker I'll be suprised

it was incredible - and he brought a new darker sinister Joker to Gothem City - just too bad he died so he can't be in more of the movies

It had me on the edge of my seat the whole way - and I loved how it touched on Bruce's moral dilemma's with being The Batman etc

8. Great movie!

I am so glad they are remaking the Batman movies in a different way

They are very dark and serious - and the action is great

9. Plan to watch it tonight. I'm going to watch it at the Korean theater walking distance down the street from my apartment. It's never packed, has lots of showings, but the only issue is that it has Korean subtitles! Oh well, it should be interesting! :wink:

10. For those who haven't seen it yet, make sure you do that to a ...Dolby Digital, dts, THX Surround EX, dts Extended Surround equipped theater :wink:

11. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I loved it, I'm going to see it again this weekend. Ledger as the joker was perfect, if he wasn't dead this would have been his breakout role into the REAL big time. Amazing movie. Can't wait for the next one.

12. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    I am a life-long fan of Batman and went to see this movie Saturday.
    All I can say is that this is the way Batman should be done: Dark, brooding and story-enriched.

Great story, great acting by the entire cast, and great on-screen chemistry made this the best Batman film of all time.

The story and Ledger's acting made the Joker exactly as the Joker should be---Batman's ultimate foil; unwilling to kill or let anyone else take down the Batman in order to protect the muse for his destructive insanity. This is the way it has been in the comics, and it was a huge thrill for a fanboy like me to see on the silver screen.

I was at first skeptical about the amount of villains in this movie, but my worries were quickly absolved by the timely development, pacing and placement of these characters(You'll never see a Joel Schumacher Bat-flick do that!).

The action and drama seamlessly coincided with huge plot twists, and there were even some in-jokes thrown in from previous Batman films(The desire to turn one's head in the Bat-suit, for example; something that Batmen throughout the modern lineage have lamented the lack of in the last 19 years).

Fans of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" graphic novel will notice the subject matter from that book sprinkled into the movie, as well, which makes me believe that the Director and his brother are fans of the Batman books.

This was a well, well done movie, and was spot-on with the 3 1/2(out of 4) star rating, due mainly to what I believe was putting Bruce Wayne on the developmental back-burner, but I hardly noticed with the rich storyline.

13. I plan to see it in a theater. The last movie I saw in a theater was the last BAtman movie. Usually DVDs and HBO.

14. I saw it on Sunday. It was superb! It's probably the best superhero movie I've ever seen! Heath Ledger was truly amazing as The Joker. I highly recommend it!

15. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Glad to hear it's so good. I'll have to see it now. Poor Heath. Such a young, talented, and handsome guy he was.

16. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

.....in order that you may go stone deaf. :wink::biggrin:

17. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    pulse

Well written John S, you really have your finger on the pulse of this film.

Just one thing to add, when a bad guy asks the Joker to kill someone for free his reply was "when you are particularly good at something, you should never do it for free".

Love it!

18. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    haha that was one of my favorite lines in the movie. It applies to a lot of things in the world.

19. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

I saw it tonight. It's a pretty good movie. Not great, for me. Yes, Heath Ledger was great. But the movie overall was just pretty good, IMO. I liked the previous one better. I understand why all the graphic novel fans love this though.

The Joker as at the hospital in that "one particular outfit" was really great, especially as he walked away from the hospital. That made me howl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.