The Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'People' started by Phil K, Jul 21, 2007.

1. The wait's finally over. Julian has been sitting in the same position concentrating in reading since early morning, and I took a snapshot. He probably won't go to bed before finishing the book.

original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Did he even notice you took the picture.
    He is focused...
    Good to see children reading
    Excellent shot Phil

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Ahhh man, I'm jealous. I'm still on book 6! My husband bought the book and it's just waiting for me to open, but I can't...I'm only on page 50/600-something. So I'll have to wait at least a week to start. I was sad and actually had a tear in my eye that J.K. let Sirius Black died...how could she let this happen? That was HP's godfather. I'm sure this book is going to tell it all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  4. My daughter-in-law is here with us for a few weeks and she is a HP fan. She started reading the books when they first came out while in grade school. Of course she is out right now getting the latest book and this past Thursday her and I went to see the new movie. Julian and her would get along well and would have lots to talk about. Nice picture Phil.

5. lbhs_rwb

lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    Florida
    Awesome..my book is "out for delivery" by UPS

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wonderful, Phil. I better go get a similar one of Melissa. She hasn't moved much all day.

I started a Harry Potter thread in the General Discussion section. You might enjoy seeing the photos there. Maybe you could add yours to the thread as well as keep it here.

7. I had to buy two books for our house. I didn't want to share with my 11 yr old.

Great photo!

8. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    I am not a Harry Potter fan but I am yours. Nice photo of Julian. He will love this one to remind him that he is one of the early ones reading this book.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Not a Harry Potter fan...?:eek: How can that be?:confused: I love HP, and I love the mystery of all the books. I love that I am a true fan and a 100% muggle.:rolleyes:

10. Writing to you from "The Harry-est Town in the US...."

I won't get to read my copy of the book for a little while.... First of all, the mailman came to deliver while I wasn't at home (I was at work at the library) and since they apparently required a signature he took it back to the P.O. and since today is Sunday I can't pick it up until Monday! Then I am going to be away for a couple of days so no time to read it until I return. Shoot, if I'd known that I would've just bought the book at a local bookstore instead of pre-ordering through Amazon.

The City of Falls Church is the "Harry-est City in America!" Yep, that's right, folks! Amazon is awarding the Mary Riley Styles Public Library Foundation with a check for $5000.00!! More people in Falls Church pre-ordered the book per capita than anywhere else in the country.

Read about it HERE:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I have to admit that I haven't read the books. But, now that they are all out and I can read them all at once, I think I'll give it a try!

12. Thank you Gale. He was so concentrated that he didn't notice until after the shot.

Thank you Seneca. You better read faster before everyone tells you about the ending. :biggrin:

Thank you Gordon. Julian is a big fan and has read all the books many many times, over and over again.

Thank you Micah. I suppose you are reading it now, or perhaps have already finished.

13. Thank you Terri. You photos are awesome!

Thank you very much Shellie. This is a good idea since waiting for someone to finish can be very painful.

Thank you very much Banhup, for the very kind words.

Thank you Connie. So you will be the last one in your city to know the ending?

14. Phil, thanks for posting this shot. I can't wait to get home. My copy should be on my doorstep!

15. I talked on the phone this morning with one of the friends with whom I'll be spending the next couple of days and she's just finished the book. She promised not to tell me anything! I don't want to take the book with me because I know that once I crack it open and start reading I won't want to do anything else -- which would pretty well put a damper on our time together! LOL! But after I'm home again.....I plan to park myself out on my deck with the book (weather permitting) and happily indulge...

16. Thanks Mitch. I believe you'll enjoy reading it.