The Display

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 3, 2007.

1. She was just showing off Today,

I almost this one first pass

DisplayShot.

2. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Moment is great. Mist a little sharpnes but still a great shot

3. Struggling for light and it was not as sharp as I would like I ran USM at 55% and it was clearer untill I resized to 800 Pixels for posting

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shot
    Glad she came out for you

My shots look totally different on the web than in print or in PS
    They even look better in nikon view:)))

5. Oh wow, she's beautiful! Gary, you just can't take enough photos of these lovely eagles in that pine tree! I love em! Keep em coming!

6. I'm not sure, this shot was processed just like the rest and it looked much clearer even After I even reduced it. I may try later to sharpen it but I don't like what sharpening does to the pine needles.

Here is one I posted last week no one commented on

thewall.

7. spruce

spruce Guest

incredible !! what a great shot

8. Thanks Spruce

That picture was posted over a week ago and was looked at a large number of times and never got a single comment. I almost gave up!!!!

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Gary,

Are you sharpening before resizing?

10. No Andy, I generally run USM before and sometimes run sharpening after but not in the Pines it make the needles look bad.
    I think I just back focused this shot. Here is the shot before this shot and it looks alright.

TheWalk.

Both had the same processing

11. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Yep, the second one looks great. You will be running out of wall space pretty soon at the rate you are going!

The reason I was asking about running the usm prior to resizing is because that will cause sharpness issues as I'm sure you already know. Generally for web posting a setting of 100% on the amount, .5 on the radius and 0 on the threshold will get you in the ballpark. Some images can handle two passes with these settings or the second pass might require a smaller radius setting. Salt and pepper to taste of course. The radius setting is the key usually.

12. Thanks Andy

I have never used that much I'm going to do some playing.

I really appreciate your help. I first started to push every thing and it nerver came out right. Now the less I fool with it other than curves the better they seem to turn out.

13. Here is a shot with 2 passes of USM

FlyAway.