The Dive for Lunch

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Gerald Plowman, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats great.
    Not so easy to shoot.
    You got the fish just out of the water. Look how fast he turns that thing and grabs with talons.
    Amazing

Thanks for posting

2. Man that is tracking!!!! Were you a gunner in a B25? Nice catch for sure!!

3. they were so close to me at 700 or even 500 it was very difficult......I think I have it down now so next time I will do better. . .thanks for your comments.

4. thanks Gary. . . yes. . I had never had the opportunity to try shooting a dive like that before and it takes practice especially when shooting at 700 and they are right on top of you.

5. I was thinking yesterday. . . have I ever seen an Osprey carry a fish with it's head not pointed forward? and, I have never seen an Osprey eat anything but the head first as well.

6. Cool series. You did a great job nailing these.

7. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Very cool sequence!

8. Thanks David. . . going back in the early AM and try again.

9. Appreciate you looking and commenting. Pretty exciting frankly to watch them. . . . hard time looking through the camera instead of just watching them actually.

10. Great series of captures Jerry. Your last shot is terrific, nicely focussed and exposure on it.

LOuie

11. Very nice series.

Thanks for sharing

Lil

12. Impressive!

13. The thanks go to my Mentor. :)

14. Thanks for looking and commenting.

15. Thanks Rory. . .it had my ole heart a pumping.

16. WooHoo! Nicely done - almost like being there

17. Jerry, terrific shots. I know how hard it is to capture those dives, you did great.

18. Thanks, went back this morning and tried again. . . heavy cloud cover made getting enough shutter speed impossible. . . and they only feed in early AM so nada today.

Yes it is "hard". . . I had no idea how hard until I spend 2 1/2 hours trying to track one dive after another. Thanks for your kind comments.

19. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nicely done sequence. :smile: