The Diverticulitis is No Better :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Oct 9, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Yesterday morning, I drove to Pennsylvania with my wife for a wedding today and after having been pain free since being released from the hospital, I had another lovely, horrible painful flare up. After driving 6 hours, I left my wife down there...got back in the car and drove home to be near the hospital up here as I can't imagine that they're not going to have to go in and fix this thing. The ride home took 8.5 hours because of the flooding rain we've been having :(

Today is Sunday and even though it's a holiday weekend, I've come into the office to get caught up...just in case.

If I disappear for a little bit, you folks will know where I am :)

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear that your still not feeling well, but glad to know that you are following up on it with your medical team. Hopefully, this will all be behind you real soon.

3. Sorry to hear that, Jim. Yes, you need to have it fixed so that it won't bother you in the future.

4. So sorry to hear this, Jim. Certainly hope you're feeling better soon - it's cutting into your shooting time! Stock up on all your reading materials in case you're in for a while. The B&H catalogue is a good start! :wink:

5. Geez Jim,

Sorry that you're struggling with that very painful condition.

Hopefully your docs will find a way to manage it without surgery. But it must be very frustrating for you at this point.

Get well soon!

Best wishes,

David

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi All

I'm to the point where if the offer surgery to correct it.....just stick the happy juice in my arm..and let's get on with it.

8. That's the pits Jim. I hear you about the operation. I recently had a very painful shoulder problem and couldn't move my arm. I would have gladly went under the knife instead of induring a month of pain.

Hope all goes well whatever the outcome.

9. this is terrible! I hope that they can help you with your problems and you can get back to shooting soon.
    We're all rooting for you!

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers...we'll be wishing you a speedy recovery.

11. Jim

Hope things get better one way or another.

I have a "mild" case so I have an idea of what you are experiencing.

Russ

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Your recurring epsisodes definitely make you a candidate for surgery.

Once they get the current flare up under control - no infection, they can schedule surgery to remove the section that has the diverticuli.

You need to consult with a General Surgeon, who will get everything set up for that. I really hope you don't wait too long because that can cause problems.

When I had my "first and only" episode, they first thought it was appendicitis, but the surgeon looked inside with a laproscope and said it was diverticulitis that in my case was a very nasty infection and he wanted to do immedate surgery, and due to the infection would have to do a colestomy. I balked at the idea, and was told by others that you don't need surgery until there have been several episodes, so I insisted on "waiting". A week later my divirticultis burst, causing peritonitis (almost two days worth before it was realized what happened) which was a terrible ordeal that I was lucky to survive, and had to have the colestomy anyway, which was reversed after 9 months of recuperation!

So, I hope you do better than that and get your problem corrected the "easy way".

Ken

13. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Jim, I hope you get over this real quick. Sounds like a terrible and painful ordeal. (I never heard of this condition before, so had to read up a little - it's pretty uncommon here, probably because of different diet.)

Wish you all the best for a speedy recovery!

14. Jim, I know this is no fun. Hope you get a handle on this soon and can start enjoying picture taking again. Wishing you lots of patience and good humor during the process, whatever it is.

All the best in dealing with your ordeal.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ouch! Good luck with everything - I hope you have a quick time of it, and a speedy recuperation! Do they have hospital rooms with WiFi yet? :wink:

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Man that stinks Jim. I hope you can get this taken care of quickly, and can get back behind the lens. :cool:

17. illness

Wow that sucks, I feel for you, I hope everything works out well, and I would listen to those who experienced similar conditions, GB and hope your back 100%
    Darrell :smile:

18. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Jim,

I just saw your reference at NTF that you're going back in the hospital. Good luck and I hope they do what's needed to take care of it.

Tom