The Door

Real Name
Peter Vooijs
Was today in Leiden Zuid-Holland Netherlands, historical city B&W version
if you don't like it say so no hard feelings.

1216146809_y2wHq-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter, i'd like to see this a little larger to be able to appreciate it. Looks like nice contrast,geometry & composition but please post a bigger version when you have the time my Friend.:smile:

Real Name
Peter Vooijs
Steve its XL now

Peter, i'd like to see this a little larger to be able to appreciate it. Looks like nice contrast,geometry & composition but please post a bigger version when you have the time my Friend.:smile:

Steve its XL now

Thanks Peter, My 49 Year Old Eyes Aint What They Used To Be! Much Better!
Everything works cohesively here , the texture,contrast & shapes. The only thing i would do is crop out the top windows which would place more emphasis on the door & it's framing. A little portion of the top of the light gets chopped off but hardly noticeable. Just my humble thoughts.:wink::smile:

Real Name
Peter Vooijs
Ok Steve i was looking to the top to problem is when crop off the top i loose the lantern pole.
i will make a new shot this week and try out a different approach, thanks for your comment Steve this kind of comment are the right ones ....

Peter, honestly I'd rather wait for your new shot. Just my humble request.
No hard feelings?

I have strong memories of Leiden and this little image is very powerfully evocative for me. Therefore, and also for its inherent qualities, I like it very, very much.

Real Name
Peter Vooijs
its in the street were hoppe zak is clothing rental next to the big church
glad you like it

I have strong memories of Leiden and this little image is very powerfully evocative for me. Therefore, and also for its inherent qualities, I like it very, very much.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom