The Doors ....the Doors..

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bohdan, May 16, 2007.

1. While down in southern Ontario we happened to stop by the University of Toronto looking for Gargoyles and interesting architecture. These doors struck me as being very beautiful..don't know which version that I prefer - colour or black and white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some very interesting architecture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to find some internet access here in Hamilton has been a trial...finally found a cafe where I can post these.

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    great work really like the B/W

3. Trey USAF

Trey USAF Guest

Awesome shots! Personally, I like the color shot best.

Vielen Dank.

4. thanks very much...I personally am leaning towards the black and white...then again I suppose it depends on the mood I'm trying to convey. While I was there they were shooting a Disney movie - fantasy.

5. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    This is a great series. I like the color and b/w equally. Maybe more severe contrast on the first would tip the scales. Thanks for sharing!

6. DJ Matt

DJ Matt Guest

great shots, I really like the B/W

7. Great Shot... beautiful doors... unbelievable craftsmanship.

8. I prefer th B&W version.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I can't choose a favorite. Both are wonderful. Good eye!

10. B&W is my favorite.

11. thanks Mike. I'll take your advice and increase the contrast some more.

Thanks very much.
    thanks Gary..I agree the craftsmanship is unbelievable. This building I believe is in the neigbourhood of 150 years old. Great environment for higher learning!

Thanks for your feedback Alex

Thanks a lot Terri. Which version I prefer I suppose it depends on the mood I'm trying to evoke. The black and white are certainly more period piece and gothic like.

The colour versions to me evoke almost a moorish style ( but what do I know )

Thanks Vern