The "E-Series" thread

& here's a Fall shot with it......
DSC_7066e88.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is 1 wide open w the 50mm 1.8 E--chrome ring version

DSC_0943eee.jpg

Nice idea to get a viewer in the composition, JT.
Gives a connection and the shallow depth of field makes it work.

_DSC7487.jpg

D200 & 75-150 E with either 4T diopter or tubes, don't remember which. EXIF will show the wrong focal length due to the number of MF lenses I was using at the time (had to use semi-arbitrary labels).

Last edited:
Nice idea to get a viewer in the composition, JT.
Gives a connection and the shallow depth of field makes it work.
Thanks Bart, but the busy nature of the Boston MFA for this particular exhibit forced me to work with what was there. It is a massive place; if one were to wait for the pic all to oneself with each work, one would not see much. Best jt

Here are a couple with the 75-150 3.5 E-series glass. I love it accompanying me on my hikes. This & a mf 24mm are all I pretty much want with me these days.

DSC_6235a.jpg
DSC_6269.s.jpg

Beautiful scenery for hiking, JT!
I can see why you'd favour light but good quality equipment.

Thanks Bart, but the busy nature of the Boston MFA for this particular exhibit forced me to work with what was there. It is a massive place; if one were to wait for the pic all to oneself with each work, one would not see much. Best jt

Here are a couple with the 75-150 3.5 E-series glass. I love it accompanying me on my hikes. This & a mf 24mm are all I pretty much want with me these days.

View attachment 1666595 View attachment 1666596

About the exhibit, I get it. Lemons & lemonade :)
It can be an extra though to include some viewers (I guess that's the lemonade)
- not with an E type, sorry -

p116743054-5.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful scenery for hiking, JT!
I can see why you'd favour light but good quality equipment.

About the exhibit, I get it. Lemons & lemonade :)
It can be an extra though to include some viewers (I guess that's the lemonade)
- not with an E type, sorry -

View attachment 1666610
Yes, somedays I get over 5000 ft of vertical and > 15 miles of trail--light helps. We are agreed on adding people into the composition of art pics--you pic is very nicely done: your angle to the pic and the person allows for each of them enough (the painting is more in the FP than the person, which places the emphasis on subject just about per4fectly IMO) in the focal plane to get a very interesting shot--nice work. Best! jt

Yes, somedays I get over 5000 ft of vertical and > 15 miles of trail--light helps. We are agreed on adding people into the composition of art pics--your pic is very nicely done: your angle to the pic and the person allows for each of them enough (the painting is more in the FP than the person, which places the emphasis on subject just about perfectly IMO) in the focal plane to get a very interesting shot--nice work. Best! jt

Yes, somedays I get over 5000 ft of vertical and > 15 miles of trail--light helps. We are agreed on adding people into the composition of art pics--you pic is very nicely done: your angle to the pic and the person allows for each of them enough (the painting is more in the FP than the person, which places the emphasis on subject just about per4fectly IMO) in the focal plane to get a very interesting shot--nice work. Best! jt
Thanks, JT!

I just noticed a typo crept in my text. I meant: It can be an extra though touch ...
And no, I can't blame the autocorrect from the spellchecker :oops:

Thanks, JT!

I just noticed a typo crept in my text. I meant: It can be an extra though touch ...
And no, I can't blame the autocorrect from the spellchecker :oops:
NP, last night, in a hurry, I encountered some issues when trying to correct spelling errors. I made the corrections, but the post kept the errors, then added another post--not sure what that was all about. But I was racing the clock (at work) and had not the time to access and adjust. Here are 2 more with the 50mm E Series, both of which are wide open--but better light than the 1st post and a better shutter speed for sharpness. Best jt

DSC_0836.jpg
DSC_0938wws.jpg

Great colours and - as far as I can see - little or no distortion.

Great colours and - as far as I can see - little or no distortion.
Thanks Bart--I pretty much correct distortions in all my pics, except for my 150mm macro which is pretty much free of distortions. BTW, your lemons/lemonade mataphor is on the $$. Best jt

1 w the 50mm E-Series of a Boston scape. jt
DSC_1704hhw.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom