The Eagle Family

These were all taken this morning and they all made a appearance.

Female

female.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Male

View attachment 90991

Eaglet

View attachment 90992

Only 6 weeks old and getting big

Wow baby is getting huge:>))))
Great Family
Lovely pics
Gary thanks so much for keeping this updated.

I always enjoy your eagle series. The baby is getting big rapidly!

Thanks Andy

I hadn't been back in about 4 days and I thought I should catch up myself. I also saw additional movement in the nest there maybe a second Eaglet in there.

Wow baby is getting huge:>))))
Great Family
Lovely pics
Gary thanks so much for keeping this updated.

Thanks Gale

I will try they don't always all come while I'm there. I alway see one or the other but sometimes not both.

Boy Gary that is one good size bird for 6 weeks and I would agree that it is a female as from what I can see of the beak it looks like a female. One little stick in the way. May make a first flight sooner than you think. Better keep an eye on her.
Lou

Boy Gary that is one good size bird for 6 weeks and I would agree that it is a female as from what I can see of the beak it looks like a female. One little stick in the way. May make a first flight sooner than you think. Better keep an eye on her.
Lou

Will do Lou, I should see some wing action soon also.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
yep,

folks find it hard to believe that they will actually be bigger than the parents (unless you have a big older female mother) when they fledge and their feathers are actually longer and wider until they get older and go through a molt. Their flight feathers are much wider and a touch longer to assist with those rookie flights.

Wade

Holy smoke! Some niiiiice photos of these guys! Now where were they when we were all down at the dam shooting, huh?!!

They were probably very close to where you see them in the pictures. They don't fly much on rainy or foggy days. They pretty much just sit I've watched them for hours on overcast and drizzly days and they fly very little.

Latest threads

Top Bottom