The Eagle has landed

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfrancis, May 19, 2005.

1. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The Brown Truck dropped off my shiney new D2X at 5:45 pm (having waited all day . . . ).

The battery is charging and the neck strap is on . . . . :D :D

It feels so SOLID :shock:

And I love the viewfinder (after the D70).

2. Congratulations, John! I know how you feel. You're gonna love it!

I just came in from about an hour of shooting after work so I'm curious to check out the files. Have fun and be sure to post some photos!!!

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    KEWL! Sooooo,

what lens you gonna mount 1st, and what ya gonna take a pic of? Is your puter/sw all up to date? Wait til you see the size of a 16-bit tiff! OMG!

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Re: KEWL! Sooooo,

Good questions all. Right now, I have the 18-70 on. First subject may the Hibiscus growing out by the pool, although I may throw the 70-200VR on for those.

Computer is not bad, although I need to do some housekeeping to create more disk space. Upgraded to Nikon Capture 4.2.1 earlier, and ordered the CS2 upgrade. Next it will be bigger CF cards :(

Battery is at 80-100% . . . . .

5. .....waiting for pictures. You've had that thing charged now for almost 4 hours.

[just kidding] :lol:

6. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Light was almost gone by the time the battery charged up. Took some flash shots of my daughter. Dayum . . . . :shock:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Me, I am just crying.......

Lucky duck.

Ok, out with the pictures

8. I got mine a week ago. I just attached my 70-200 VR and just looked around the house with it. Now that I have read the manual (boring but necessary) I am ready to take it on the road. My next road trip has to be to the mountains of TN and NC (I live in the flat lands of Ohio).

Enjoy, Bill

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Congrats!

Time to change your signature. :lol:

10. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    This a cool camera. Much to learn however. Here's a quick pic of my nephew earlier today.

[​IMG]

11. Excellent image, congratulation on the new camera.