1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The eagle that lives at the cemetary

Discussion in 'Merritt Island VI' started by Randy, Aug 20, 2009.

1. St Pete at MI6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. All beautiful Randy. I specially like the second with the moon in the background.

Nothing like the rush of having one of those beautiful birds in your viewfinder.

3. i9 can't wait untill this winter for this area

4. fantastic shots Randy, cant wait to go back to this spot.

5. and u need to keep me informed so i know when to drive up (thx in advance)

6. will do

I forgot to post these are great as usual :biggrin:

here some info for this area.

http://www.greatriverroad.com/Eagles/eagleCover.htm

and i know some member in this area know the spots to be also

7. thx andrew

is this near Lock and Dam #14 in LeClaire, Iowa ?
    I am planning on mtg Frank there in January

8. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice set. I like the first one, shows a different side of this magnificent bird than we often see. Nice timing!

9. no, on the boarder of IL and MO, north of st louis (about a one hour drive from my house) i was at the location the last 2 weeks last year and i still seen about 40-60 Eagles !!!

#14 is about 6hours north of me location.

this is also near by i need to go check it out/ask around about it

the zoo in St Louis is free also.

http://www.worldbirdsanctuary.org/

10. so you are closer to me then ? (Charlotte NC) ?
    I can stop and shoot with you 1st (the zoo sounds great also)

11. just did a goole map, i'm 700 mile and ~11 hours and LeClaire, Iowa is 880mil and ~15 hour from you,,,,

may be a nice pit stop :smile:

12. I was at the Alcoa Davenport rolling mill about a month ago and recall seeing several eagles while driving up 67 to get back to 80/88. I didn't realize that 's where #14 was. Presumably there's some activity there all year 'round.

I have a trip planned to the John Deere facility in Oct. for a technology exchange seminar, which is on the Il. side of the river. I'll plan on taking my gear with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.