The Eagles Have Fledged

Discussion in 'Birds' started by brianhare, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Here`s an update on our Bald Eaglet trio,they have fledged in the last 2 days.Laura(wife) and I went down today to see if they they had left the nest yet,,and did they ever,this one was in an spruce tree about 6 feet off the ground,on someones lawn in fact.....didn`t seem to mind me taking photos of him to badly either.I managed to get about 85 shots off before he decided to fly to the roof of someones house..Any comments/criticizm i should have had my SB-800 with me....:biggrin:

2. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots
    Just no doubt about it
    Wow what a sight
  3. Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I don't think you needed your flash, these look great from here! Wow what a treat for you and your wife.
  4. Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Too cool. What an amazing opportunity. Beautiful shots that really capture the bird's personality and spirit.
  5. Thanks everyone,i had a lot of fun there today,i`ve been waiting since spring to see them leave the nest...

6. tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Nice set.
  7. Beautiful Set For sure.
  8. Brian I think your eagles have good color but a slight green cast to some other parts of the photos. You did a great job with a 200mm lens and if I may make one suggestion and that being the flash. In some cases if the bird is about to take flight it could blind the bird momentarily if you are close. Just something I have seen happen before. Nice series.
  9. Thanks Lou,,yes i thought there might be a green tint to some shots....and no i won`t use flash if the bird is looking ready to leave...he was on the first branch and quite buried in the tree,so i used fill flash there,but when he moved to the outer edge i turned the flash be honest i think the flash actually hurt the time if i use a flash it`ll be the SB-800 on really low power...thanks for looking....