1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured The Early "Colt" Gets the Worm

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bobbyv, Feb 1, 2019.

1. (Colt in parenthesis 'cause that term annoys me, it's a Crane chick) Anyway, these birds are pairing up everywhere down here so we may just have a nice Spring hatch. This particular photo was disqualified in an Audubon photo contest, but it's still a personal favorite. Shot with the trusty old (?) D7200.

ChertokColts.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. That's one special shot, Bobby - even by your standards.

3. Thanks Rick, looking forward to more of this.

4. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Super shot!

5. Mow 1st
    Nice shot

6. Excellent...a great picture that portrays everyday life.

7. Really a nice shot, Bobby. Yeah I also think it's weird calling them colts.

8. Great interaction. SHC families are the most loving I have seen. The parents stay with the colts a long time - meaning many opportunities for great shots.

Why was it disqualified? I don't enter contests so I don't know the standards.

9. Sweet image..congrats.

10. It was disqualified because the judges thought that some of the blades of grass appear to have been mowed, introducing a man made element into the image. I had no problem with that. I submitted 4 images and the other 3 won something.

11. Great shot! Fabulous!

12. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Stunning image, and featured, Thanks to Eric for nominating.

13. This is as good as it gets! Perfect shot of such an amazing moment!

14. Thanks, and thanks to Eric too.

15. That is a wonderful image Bobby, well done and congratulations

16. To me it's fun if you don't take it seriously. Last Spring's contests paid for my D500.

17. Thanks. These birds are fun to hang out with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.