The Easter Eagle

Just a few from Easter Morning

Better_edited-1.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 89533

View attachment 89534

Happy Easter All

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gary,

I have two questions for you:

1. What f/stop are you using?

2. What exposure compensation? (assuming you are shooting in AV mode and applying compensation)

Your images of these birds are very enjoyable and I hope you keep posting them.

Hey Gary,

I have two questions for you:

1. What f/stop are you using?

2. What exposure compensation? (assuming you are shooting in AV mode and applying compensation)

Your images of these birds are very enjoyable and I hope you keep posting them.

Thanks Andy

The EXIF are attached to the pictures

These 3 were taken at:

ISO 400
Av f8
At 1/1000 to 1/1250
Exp -1/3

I've a little saying, "Focus on the eye and f8 for the tail"

I keep a high Shutter speed in case of a flying shot

I've taken shots at ISO 200 and don't really see much improvement

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gary.

I suspected minus 1/3 was the comp. When you feel like playing around one day back off to minus 2/3 stop in this situation and see where it puts you on the whites. On every Canon body I have owned minus 1/3 was considered the equivalent of zero so minus 2/3 is really minus 1/3. This is only true for sunny conditions though. Give it a shot and let me know what you find out. I know there are differences in individual bodies so I'm curious what yours does.

Thanks Gary.

I suspected minus 1/3 was the comp. When you feel like playing around one day back off to minus 2/3 stop in this situation and see where it puts you on the whites. On every Canon body I have owned minus 1/3 was considered the equivalent of zero so minus 2/3 is really minus 1/3. This is only true for sunny conditions though. Give it a shot and let me know what you find out. I know there are differences in individual bodies so I'm curious what yours does.

I've shot at -1.0 on Bright days with good results. I've started using histogram to set exposure. I try on my 20D to keep whites at about 3/4 scale I can shoot at 1/2 scale if I'm closer but they get noisy if even a small crop.

Latest threads

Top Bottom