the elusive Forest Kangaroo

Discussion in 'People' started by Thos Quinn, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Gordon’s “Tramp Queens” inspired me to post this. PSed to heck and back ‘cause I just didn’t have the patience to try to pan my son on his pogo stick.

D70, kit lens, 18mm, f4.5, 1/1000 sec, iso200, RAW
    original.

2. Great shot Thos. I really like the sense of movement conveyed by this image. One tiny critique if you don't mind, I really feel like your son is crowding the top of the frame. This is especially true because he is jumping up.

3. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Another frame 'able' shot on nikon cafe. I too, like the blur and energy exibited in post processing.

4. Dang Gordon, you're good! Yes, I agree that Forest is crowding the top of the frame. Laziness again on my part. The top of the shot is what you see, I had no more image to work with and I was too lazy to do a bunch of cloning to give me more room.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I like this....and though it does appear that he's crowding the top of the shot, in a way it gives more "oomph" to his jump. Well done.

6. Thank you Ma'am. Sometimes I have much more fun in PS than taking the pictures. In this instance I decided that I could:

1) shoot with a slow shutter speed and try to pan to get the felling of motion (a really hit-or-miss proposition to begin with and really more toward the "miss" end of the spectrum with the movements of a pogo stick) or

2) shoot with a fast shutter speed to get an overall sharp image and then play in PS.

7. Simon

Simon

Apr 30, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Cool shot !

8. Very creative.