the elusive Forest Kangaroo

Gordon’s “Tramp Queens” inspired me to post this. PSed to heck and back ‘cause I just didn’t have the patience to try to pan my son on his pogo stick.

D70, kit lens, 18mm, f4.5, 1/1000 sec, iso200, RAW
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great shot Thos. I really like the sense of movement conveyed by this image. One tiny critique if you don't mind, I really feel like your son is crowding the top of the frame. This is especially true because he is jumping up.

SRA

Another frame 'able' shot on nikon cafe. I too, like the blur and energy exibited in post processing.

greyflash said:
Great shot Thos. I really like the sense of movement conveyed by this image. One tiny critique if you don't mind, I really feel like your son is crowding the top of the frame. This is especially true because he is jumping up.

Dang Gordon, you're good! Yes, I agree that Forest is crowding the top of the frame. Laziness again on my part. The top of the shot is what you see, I had no more image to work with and I was too lazy to do a bunch of cloning to give me more room.

I like this....and though it does appear that he's crowding the top of the shot, in a way it gives more "oomph" to his jump. Well done.

Leigh said:
I like this....and though it does appear that he's crowding the top of the shot, in a way it gives more "oomph" to his jump. Well done.

Thank you Ma'am. Sometimes I have much more fun in PS than taking the pictures. In this instance I decided that I could:

1) shoot with a slow shutter speed and try to pan to get the felling of motion (a really hit-or-miss proposition to begin with and really more toward the "miss" end of the spectrum with the movements of a pogo stick) or

2) shoot with a fast shutter speed to get an overall sharp image and then play in PS.

Latest threads

Top Bottom