1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured The end of a harvest

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Palouse, Sep 11, 2018.

1. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    beautiful Nick, really like then both but #1 has a perspective I really like. How did you get them to look like film?

2. Luck and DXo-PL. Pushed the contrast hard and I think the D850 helped hold the dynamic range together.

3. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Turning the familiar into art. Just awesome. Congrats.

4. Stunning image...I prefer the first one mostly due to the placement of the bale. I think placing it on left (off center) helps to balance the composition. I like the texture within the frame...the way that the wheat field seems to go on forever...and the sky. Outstanding conversion as well. Definitely deserving of a feature!

Glenn

5. Thanks Glenn. I pays to have great works to study!

6. Beautifully done Nick. Perfect landscape for this type of shot and you were there when the sky was right too. You made the camera sing, sure enough.

7. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    All is said and done!

It's astunning picture, Nick.

Regards
    Klaus

8. I've been away and missed this post. I'm glad that I found it. Wonderful mood expressed in this black and white rendition. Great job on the processing

9. billtils

billtils

Apr 3, 2018
    +1 to all the above kudos, and I too am in the #1 is the better of the two camp.

10. Some pictures are just pictures. Your #1 picture sets the mood and actually feels like the end of harvest. Well done.

11. I really like the first one, the original of which I didn't see. It's a perfect monochrome subject.

Larry

12. Here, too!! And I've got a new toy to play with!! ;) 

Ken

13. But today (Wednesday) looks promising so far!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you gentleman. Some days I take pictures and listen to the voices in my head--that was one of those days!

15. Awesome shots Nick.................

16. gorec

gorec

May 15, 2014
    UAE
    Spectacular work ,B&W at its best !!(y)(y)(y)

17. Dang, Nick - those are superb. What beautiful landscapes you have up there in the Palouse!

18. I started a reply yesterday and got interrupted before I finished. I think I accidentally posted a quote with no text from me. Sorry about that. These are beautiful. My brother in law is a farmer in your area. He has actually finished his harvest and is down here visiting us right now. I always love seeing photos of their home area. You do such a beautiful job photographing it!! One of these days I'll have to get back up there and do some shooting myself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.