1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured The end of a harvest

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Palouse, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Thanks Terri. I might head out in a few and see what I can find.

2. I hope I don't miss your results!!

3. Well deserved feature Nick. Late to the party, so I didn't see the first incarnation of the image (#1). But I'll say now, this version is great.

Someone posted earlier about the camera maybe not being level. I say POOOH! I love how the foreground seems to fall away to the right, mostly because of the shadow, but then comes together on the horizon. Whatever lens you used (semi fisheye?) worked perfectly!

I have an 8mm I use with a 1.4 teleconverter sometimes on my d7200 that gives a similar perspective. Cool to think outside the box....

Brilliant Image Nick

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  4. Hi Nick. Sorry for being so late for this thread but I was on holiday. Lovely B&W images. I especially like #1 , very nice shooting angle and composition. BTW I agree with Mike about lifting the shadows a bit in the dark side of the bale.

5. Nick sorry I missed this earlier. First congrats and second what a fabulous job you have done with these. I really love that first one and I am not a big B & W fan but boy it sure works here. Again just a super job.

6. Thanks Binnur. The version shown is the lightened version.

Thanks Jim. I've slowly become comfortable shooting/processing in B&W. Used to be that I only did so when the colors were wrong :mad: :(  Now, I do occasionally see scenes that call for it. I just printed this one as a 13x19, and will probably have a metal print made too.

7. Nick, this is a beautiful scene and b&w, and I especially like the lines in #1!

8. Thank you Dossy. Your B&Ws have been an inspiration for many years!

9. Oh sorry, I haven't seen the original Nick. Shadows in the dark side of the bale is still slightly dark for me but it is personal preference Also we all have differently calibrated monitors and slight differences are not big issues:rolleyes: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.