The End of Photo Tours at Antelope Canyon

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
In many respects, I am so glad I visited the Southwest and Pacific Northwest back from 1996-2002 and shot almost all slide film 35mm. First digital trip was arctic in 2002. The crowds even during peak times were low, you could get shots easily without being shoulder to shoulder at the hotspots, and it was just grand and peaceful and many times not a soul. Long sigh..... love being alone when at national parks!

This may be controversial, but I'm not very sad about this. I've been to Antelope Canyon a couple of times, and never carried a tripod since my wife was with me each time. I still got some great pictures using VR, but I remember almost tripping over some tripods that were getting in everyone's way as the "normal" tour was rushed past the "photographer" tour...

Cheers

Mike

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I have been there at least 3 times. The first time it was magical..........very few people and we were not rushed. 2nd visit was just OK.....constant stream of people who seemed more intent to hurriedly walk through the formations rather than learn and appreciate their existence. 3rd trip was painful and frustrating due to being shoulder to shoulder with throngs of people and selfie sticks every were.

I said I would never return...... Slot Canyons

Well the article is about Upper Antelope Canyon only. I was there 9 years ago. I didn't like the photography tour. Way too crowded.

Lower Antelope Canyon was much nicer. They gave me a photo pass and I was allowed to stay as long as I wanted. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom