The End of the Line....

I came across this structure during one of my walks around town early in the week. It's the old Glens Falls Machine Works building, and it's being torn down to be replaced by ... who knows what.

I returned a few mornings ago because I thought the morning light through the windows would be interesting:

i-4LQrVf4-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-k6cDXmx-L.jpg

i-rrqCP2x-L.jpg

...But I was a bit disappointed with the plain blue sky.

So, I returned this morning with high hopes since the skies were partly cloudy. I was quite surprised at the demolition progress made in just two days. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the sun to break thru, but I think that it was worth it. I just wish that I had today's skies two mornings ago when the building was a bit more intact!

i-tNtdK2k-L.jpg

i-HHC8Fk3-L.jpg

i-2FCRz2m-L.jpg

7. I found the sign that was at the top of the building in images 1-3 above, resting against a fence next door.
i-RvDH5sS-L.jpg

Ah.....Progress.....

Very nice series Bert. Looks like they're demolishing it slowly. Around here they'd just bulldoze the whole place in a few hours.

nice series.
do you intend to keep a diary of the building works?

Thanks. Not sure what you mean by "keeping a diary". Since the demolition is almost complete, I think any diary would be off to a late start. :smile:

Very nice series Bert. Looks like they're demolishing it slowly. Around here they'd just bulldoze the whole place in a few hours.

Yes, it almost looks like they're doing it brick by brick.

My fave is #2...! :smile:

Thanks!

Latest threads

Top Bottom