1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

the expired film itch

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by redemptioncalls, Jul 9, 2008.

1. so im really short on cash, and i also shoot nearly exclusively on my diana-F, so im looking for some bargain 120 film. does anyone have anything lying around that they want to give me an offer on?

also for the sake of conversation, what effect from your experience does expired film have on the final rendering of the photo?

thanks!
    -Tyler

2. I don't have any expired 120 laying around, but I will share my experience with expired film. "Life is like a box of chocolates..."
    I've had some that just was terrible
    I've had some that was not discernable from new
    I've had one roll that was horribly screwed up, but made for some really interesting images
    I've had some that produced images that would take a lot of skill in photoshop to recreate the look
    I wouldn't risk a professional reputation on a one time moment, but sometimes you get lucky.

3. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Until I finally broke down and bought some brand new rolls a couple of weeks ago all of my 'learning curve' film images were made on out of date film.

Generally it seems to perform ok, except perhaps for some odd colour casts which can be generally compensated for in PP.

I have found that lower speed films tend to work out better than higher speed ones.

Also the way in which they have been stored is important, the cold stored 6 yr out of date Provia 100F seems to be perfectly ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.