The Fair.....

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Desert Rat, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Well, after finally making it to the OC (Orange County, CA) Fair and wanting to shoot some of the carnival rides.

Spent about 2.5 hours out there shooting with no issues. After 2.5 hours someone from event staff approached me and I was informed that I had to leave since I was using tripods.

The only way I could use a tripod on the grounds was I had to have a press credentials...

So, shot a few images but not everything i wanted to shoot....

Gallery here:
    http://www.pbase.com/desertrat99/orange_county_fair

2. eric....
    funny about the press credential requirement for tripod use AT A FAIR
    love this series
    here is my favorite (hope you don't mind me posting it directly here)

[​IMG]

3. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Nice images. Too bad some fool had to ruin it for you. It is a good series though. We went to the Del Mar opening day at the races last year and there were a lot of people with tripods taking pictures of the crazy hats. No one seemed to stop them. I had only a monopod that day.

4. Thanks... funny thing was we were out there for 2.5 hours without any hassles...
    Thanks greg, but no shot is up here you picked?

5. I wonder if security was just being a jerk about the tripod, and maybe they didn't have no such rule.
    I had security tell me I couldn't take a picture of a high rise without permission from the owner. Like, where am I going to get permission from a owner of a high rise. He was just making up his own rules to suit himself.
    So I took two steps back off the sidewalk onto the street , and kept on shooting. He stormed off stomping his feet :) 

Very Nice Gallery!!

6. Well, don't know but i went and asked DPS and they said no tripods due to a tripping hazard...

7. Well they may have the same rule at the state fair. But the last couple of years I went through security checkpoint at the gate and they didn't say anything about my tripod. Well I'll be going in a couple weeks .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.