The Falcon Gains Notoriety (for me too)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Dec 15, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Last weekend, when I was lucky and captured the shot of this falcon with his legible bands showing (good thing he had an itchy head), I figured the shots were kinda cute..but boy have they now surpassed that!

A) The Boston Globe is doing a story about me and good old black/green 5/W as he's officially known.

B) The Manchester Union Leader, New Hampshire's Largest paper is featuring him, my story and my shots in the Saturday RARE BIRD section.

C) My local paper, which is fairly large in northeastern MA, wants to interview me to do a story about my wildlife shooting and show a bunch of my stuff. They're even sending someone to shoot pictures of me shooting :)

D) I'm now getting a number of e-mails asking if they can purchase shots of 5W as well.

You never know what's gonna happen when you push the shutter....

It even looks like he's waving to the folks up in NH in one of the shots :)

original.

original.

2. Hey that's great news Jim. Your captures are wonderful. What a beautiful bird.

3. Congrats, Jim. Way to go. And I am sure ther are more to come.

4. Hey Jim,

I told you that you were indeed blessed! :smile:

That is awesome! Unbelievable! Your work is without a doubt so worthy of the notoriety.

Congratulations, well deserved.

5. Jim, this is cool. Very cool. Sounds like you are starting to get some (more)well-deserved attention for your work, which I'm sure will make your gallery showings that much more sought after (and profitable). All of which should make it a little easier to pursue even more photography...

Congratulations!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

That is awesome, but very well deserved. I guess now an autograph is out of question??

:biggrin:

Way to go pal. :smile:

7. Wonderful news. I knew this would happen to you.

8. Congratulations. It's good to get noticed for something you have done for fun.

9. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Neat

And isn't it neat that it happened to a guy who is so talented. Not a lucky shot at all because you repeatedly produce such outstanding photographs. Congratulations and good luck.

10. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Frank

You said that your name was Frank?

Frank Who?

Have we met?

Don't be silly...I'd be happy to scratch my signature on the front element of your 300 or CCD with a little nail any time that you'd like :)

11. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hello to Everyone

Thanks Folks...

I think that it's great that we can share good news with one another on this site and not get dumped on for trying to promote ourselves. It's sure refreshing to be able to be honest with our friends!

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim,
    Just saw this great news.

Fantastic.

Woooohooo

I am so happy for you :>)))))))))

13. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Hey that's great news. When you become very rich and famous - don't forget all us in the NikonCafe.

14. Sorry, but am I missing something here?

What is it about this falcon that makes it so special? I am not saying the photos aren't good, Jim knows that I would never say that, but why the fuss by the papers etc?

Bob F.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bob,

I think that it is just an interesting story that's been picked up by regional news organizations. Excellent images, in cute poses, combined with the number on the leg band that can be tracked back to images of the bird as a chick are pretty neat. :wink:

16. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    First, congrats, Jim, you deserve a little media attention! Bob F., it seems like the media over here goes into a frenzie. When they see an event reported in one paper, they don't want to be one-upped, so they all start running amok doing bigger and better stories. Just the way it is.

17. pretty awesome Jim, and totally deserved--congratulations! :smile:

18. Wow Jim, the accolades just keep comming and deservedly so. Congratulations.

19. Congratulations Jim..great capture....beautiful creature.....Great that you get recognition for your skill.

bob

20. Jim...that second one is my favorite and you are right he does look like he is waving but instead of NH, he is waving to us:smile: