The Family Truckster...of sorts!

When you going shopping on Chicago's Michigan Avenue commonly refered to as the "Magnificant Mile" (our version of Rodeo Drive), some opt to leave the minivan in the driveway and prefer to tool around town in their favorite "drop-top" two seater. I wonder if they are as concerned about finding a good sale as we are???

47065134.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yeah! They're the worst!!! Great shot of a beauty of a car!

Hey, I just noticed that guy walking in the crosswalk-- his legs are as white as mine! :shock:

PGB

Frank,

This car is nice but I would like to see some shots of your Fire Engine. My kids would love it too.

Thanks,

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
I'm guessing they don't stand there with gaping mouths when they find out that parking in the area costs $10 for a half hour. Nothing like making a trip to FAO Schwarz even more expensive, LOL! I used to say 'someday I'll have a car like that'....but really, who am I kidding?!

BTW, I really enjoy your Chicago posts...I love seeing the city!

Thanks for your replies everyone.....

Gale, some of the "Upper Crust" in Chicago are truly funny to watch. They have a particular "strut", while the rest of us commoners just walk!!!

Kev, you live in Florida. I would think that you are some shade of golden brown.

Patrick, fire truck images are never a problem. My next duty day is Thursday with some overtime on Friday...I'll bring my camera!!!

And Sommer, I'm thinking that the people that can afford the frills the easiest, scream the loudest about expensive rates for everything. They can keep their fancy cars and whatnot...they're probably no fun to associate with anyway. Glad you enjoy the images from Chicago...I'll keep them coming!!!

WOw Frank,

You snapped a Ferrari 360 with some extra's on it :D You don't see them like that here in Europe. Being a car fan myself, I must say that there is a big difference in taste when it comes to tuning a car although that the "American way" is becoming more and more popular over here. The big difference is that here in Europe most tuning kits keep the car quite humble when it comes to the exterior. But the bling-bling factor has found its way to Europe as well. Here is a picture that I made recently in Germany of a Viper GTSr
NOTE THOSE MASSIVE WHEELS AND DISCS

Viper%20GTS.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kind Regards

Johan

Hi Johan,

I like the capture of the Viper...it definately looks ready to eclipse the 200 MPH mark. With regard to the American love of thier bling-bling, it is way out of control here. The aftermarket automotive companies are working overtime keeping up with their demands. Chrome wheels, high performance tires, custom stereos, ect. If you have the money, they can set your car up in no time.

PGB

I'm still waiting on Fire Trucks Frank. Don't forget about me and the boys! :)

Thanks,

Not a problem at all, Patrick. I will have something to you by tomorrow evening. I started work this morning and I don't get off work until tomorrow at 5:30 pm (my 24 hour shift plus 9 hours overtime). I will have several images for you and the boys to ooooh and aaaah about. Brought a couple of lenses to accomplish the shoot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom