The Field

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RayGuselli, Dec 24, 2005.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi

Took a shot today whilst laying flowers at the cemetery which looks out onto this field. Mist was rolling over the tops to the right.

Original was what I call a bit bland and so made a panorama and worked on the light and painted to get this.

By the way, hope you don't mind my posting this image, but this was actually taken with my little Casio 750 - fabulous little 2nd camera.

Hope you like..

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very Beautiful Ray,

Don't matter what you shoot with around here :>))))

Merry Christmas

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Changes

Hi Gale

Many thanks

Following advice ay dpreview retouching I removed the shed - I prefer it.

Hope it works ok

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ray,

It is Christmas...
    Oh the little one is enjoying I know. 8:30 AM now your time :>))
    I have no clue why I am up at this ungodly hour. No later than 10 for me. grrr

I like the shed removed..But I also liked the shed in some way. hummmmmm
    got a couple other ideas
    will pm you after the enjoyment of Christmas
    God Bless

5. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Ray,I think Id like this one with the entire shed showing but without the rocks on right.Thats just my gut feeling no photography classes or anything smart like that. Im lovin the shadows and that greeeeen! Those Casios are nice I almost bought one yesterday.

6. nice work Ray...as always :smile: Merry Christmas

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Pete

Many thanks for the post - couldn't make my mind up when taking the shot about the wall and shed. May go back and re-take again.

Pete, you would not be disappointed with the Casio 750 - it is a great little camera.

I gave it a great deal of thought because I had previously had fuji and canon point and shoot models and whilst they both gave a god image, the shutter lag meant that sometimes you got a good picture - but not of what you wanted..

The Casio is great - minimal delay. I take the view that at least if I get what I want, that I can always process any problems away - my logic!!!

Anyway - let me know how you get on if you do get one and even if you get another make - be interested to know what you chose.

All the best

Ray

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Mike

Many thanks and very best wishes to you and your family for the Christmas and New Year

Have a great time

Ray

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    SAww someone else mentioned the rocks on the right. Draws my eye right to the rocks instead of right down the water and into the meadow. fog in the valley is really special though.

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Ray I agree if Casio ever starts making SLR's the big boys better watch out.Funny how I didnt even look at them for a year or more until someone opened my eyes one day.I forgot to mention I like your frame choice on the retouch.The litte hint of red within the larger gray border is nice.

11. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Great Example agaĆ­ng of your wonderful art. I have learned a lot from your posts and really like my improvements on color pictures

12. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Timur

Thank you Timur for your kind words. I too am learnignfrom many others here - help is always at hand.

I was very surprised at how the shot came out considering it was with a point and shoot Casio - super camera imo.

Very kind regards

Ray

13. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    To Pixel Pete

Many thanks Pete.

Yes that little Casio is a good machine for the price - I have no issues with it at all.

Thanks re the border. It came about by experimenting and I must say I would like to try to work on that type of border a bit more now.

Anyway, as always, very best wishes

Ray

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Ray,

You are the master at this photoshop painting. All of them are true works of art !

Regards

RFC