The fight is more serious now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Randy
Randy,
Two days ago you posted a very kind comment on one of my threads that contained some very average photos. Even though you were so sick you took time to encourage me. Knowing what I know now, that you are in the hospital, it means a lot to me. That shows what a good guy you are!! I'm very grateful and I agree with you that this group of people is very special.
Thanks Terri, you and your heart warming pictures are the epitome of the cafe. Every time I read your words and see your pics it makes me feel better, frankly it's therapy, you are a wonderful person that everyone wants to be like.

Thanks Terri, you and your heart warming pictures are the epitome of the cafe. Every time I read your words and see your pics it makes me feel better, frankly it's therapy, you are a wonderful person that everyone wants to be like.
Thank you for such a generous compliment. I really don't know how to respond other than to say thank you!! Keep fighting!! I'll keep sharing my family here if it is therapy to you and makes you feel better. (They make me feel better, too!!)

Real Name
Dan
I've dreamed of visiting you in Alaska someday, keep posting those great shots and you are a great LS shooter and an even better WL shooter
Coming from someone shooting at your level I consider that high praise. We'd be glad to host in our home and to spend some hours in the field together.

Real Name
Randy
Coming from someone shooting at your level I consider that high praise. We'd be glad to host in our home and to spend some hours in the field together.
Fingers crossed.
Docs done w Keytruda but knowing him he's not done amd next week they're gonna start radiating the bigger nodes to slow this down, extend my life snd open my stomach for more food capacity

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Randy, since yesterday morning I'm working on a post for you...
I have read your first post at work - and then working was over.

Needless to say that I'm thinking of you most of the time.

And, hey! I still got the RRS bracket for my D700 I've bought from you years ago.
You know what RRS means? No? it's simple - Randy Rimland Special...

And, please, do me a favor. I like to see your 50,000th post here.

All the best wishes
Klaus

Real Name
Randy
Randy, since yesterday morning I'm working on a post for you...
I have read your first post at work - and then working was over.

Needless to say that I'm thinking of you most of the time.

And, hey! I still got the RRS bracket for my D700 I've bought from you years ago.
You know what RRS means? No? it's simple - Randy Rimland Special...

And, please, do me a favor. I like to see your 50,000th post here.

All the best wishes
Klaus
Thank you my friend. So many personal memories here. I remember the bracket well.

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Keep up the fight. We've never exchanged threads here that I know of but I read nearly everything you've posted. You've been a great inspiration to me in my photography hobby. A couple years ago I sold my Nikon stuff and bought Sony stuff so I'm not around here as much as before. Good luck with your battle, sir.

Real Name
Bill
This place, where did it come from, and why are there so many amazing empathic people here. This is not our fathers internet 😀
I've wanted to visit and shoot with you Bill, in that amazing backyard of yours for years, maybe someday, keep showing us where you live, you lucky guy
Nothing would make me happier than being able to shoot with you.

Randy,

Judging from all these replies it is evident that you are an integral part of this Nikon Cafe Forum.
Keep fighting.
I still have that remote I bought from you.
Haven't used it yet.
I'm the great procrastinator.
I'll get around to it.
Are you able to bring Lady Bug into your room with you?
Dogs are very theraputic creatures.

Last edited:
I've been in hospital for 9 days fighting hard but losing I'm afraid. All hope is not lost but the melanoma is having its way in my stomach casusing lots of new problems. The immune therapy is attacking my gut causing bteaktrun pain.
In case this goes much further south I had to tell everyone how much you've meant to my life and I love you all so much. Some of my best friends were made here, on an Internet forum, go figure.
Keep taking those beautiful pictures and sharing and never let this place change
Randy, I am really sorry to hear this. Try to stay positive. It makes a difference. Will say a prayer for you

Randy, I really am lost for words and can only echo the thoughts and good wishes of all the posters before me. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep up the fight and may you recover soon

Real Name
Mike
I'm newish here and don't know you but I'm praying for you. I hope you make peace w/ God and surrender your life to Jesus our savior, then you won't be loosing the battle but gaining eternal life.

Real Name
Randy
Randy, I am really sorry to hear this. Try to stay positive. It makes a difference. Will say a prayer for you
Thanks buddy, I know you know
When I get sick I get mad and stubborn and fight more. This thing will not beat me, I got too much fun ahead and too many friends to shoot with. I won't accept that I've been fighting this since 2007 to loose now. I am a little surprised by the pain levels, I've hit 10 a few times but the drugs work well. Looks like I might go home tommorow to 72f and my birds. And it is March and my good friends Mitch and Bobby are waiting for me. I gotta go back to see Colin in the ul and Toronto to see bob and Brian and so many more I can't remember. Fred is also a close friend of mine and Viera Tony and so many more. My aplogiors of left anyone out.

When I get sick I get mad and stubborn and fight more. This thing will not beat me, I got too much fun ahead and too many friends to shoot with. I won't accept that I've been fighting this since 2007 to loose now. I am a little surprised by the pain levels, I've hit 10 a few times but the drugs work well. Looks like I might go home tommorow to 72f and my birds. And it is March and my good friends Mitch and Bobby are waiting for me. I gotta go back to see Colin in the ul and Toronto to see bob and Brian and so many more I can't remember. Fred is also a close friend of mine and Viera Tony and so many more. My aplogiors of left anyone out.
Now that's my buddy. (y)

Real Name
Ken
When I landed in the hospital after crashing from chemo, which happened like clockwork, all I could think about was what I wanted to do when I got out and who I wanted to see. It is strong medicine as you know, Randy. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other as best you can each day and then rest up while the other drugs do their work. It got you from 2007 to today, and I am hoping it will take you a lot further.

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom