The Fire Juggler

Hey everyone, been a while since I've posted anything...course, it's been a WHILE since I've picked up my camera for anything other than work.

Anyway, back on topic...after a day at Carroll Creak in Frederick, MD, my friend Rob and I went to a local coffee shop in Westminster. Tonight, the coffee shop was hosting a sort of festival. They had some fire breathers/dancers/jugglers as well as some live music. We got there kind of late...but they still had some stuff happening. My favorite shot of the night, this one of a fire juggler. Really quite fun to watch.

Fire Juggler by ACDavis85, on Flickr

1/15th sec
f/8
66mm
ISO 1,000
-I used my Nikon SB-910 at something like 1/32 power...I don't remember exactly what it was, but you get the gist; flash to freeze the person, long(er) exposure to capture the blur in the flames.

Please let me know what you think, as always C&C are welcomed.

Let me know:
*Does the B&W work for you here?
*How's the composition?
**+Is the bottom edge too low/high?

Thanks for looking.

Real Name
Merlin Emrys
Interesting shot.... There are so many hotspots that increasing the light and detail in the juggler's face is probably not possible, which for me is perhaps the most important part of the photo.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom