The first fox photo of the year for me: Proud Poppa standing guard after bringing breakfast to the family

Fox Poppa 3655_.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good one Bob, I'd love to just see one let alone get a shot or two of one.
Thanks Louis. First one I've actually seen this year close up. I hear them most nights in my yard about 1 in the morning. They sure kick up a racket!
Nice image. I photographed a fox den several years ago but haven't been near one since. Enjoy.
Thanks Allan
Nice one , Bob. I've always enjoyed watching them, but they do seem to be repelled by a camera :rolleyes:
You have to look foxy Nick..
Nice one Bob. Are there Kits nearby?
There are. The mom - Hanusia got some photos of the mom while I took Trooper on a walk away so as not to disturb. The mom gave birth to a litter of 9. When we took this, the father just finished his hunt and fed the family. The Kits were having breakfast in the den. I hope to go back out later today and or tomorrow hoping to catch them at play.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian. went out again early evening...everyone was sleeping. Have to get there earlier tomorrow at dawn to hopefully see them getting ready for the day.
with the bad luck we had with the swallows maybe we should of headed there on wednesday to start lol...are these in your yard of were these at lu? i see you mentioned seeing mom and pop at lu

One of the ladies on my Facebook was there when my wife and I got there this morning. She posted images of the whole family, mom, pop and some of the kits. I think going at dawn when they are likely to be feeding as a family is the trick.
take a chair lol...tomorrow if i go back i am going to take a chair this time and sit them out :), then sometime on the weekend i'll try first light, probably sunday as right now they're calling for am showers saturday

Wife and I went there this morning. And yes I took a chair. Nothing after two hours...other than a beaver busy building..
wow...bummer, i am afraid maybe they are too old now, probably at the point now that they are doing their out and about through the night, and sleep through the day

Latest threads

Top Bottom