The First Lesson of Marriage

Discussion in 'People' started by tweber, Sep 13, 2005.

1. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    I photographed a wedding this week-end. I enjoyed this sequence that took place as the bride and groom left the church. The title is self explanatory.. I had to shrink the frames considerably in order that they fit in the collage. I hope you can catch the expression on the bride's face in initial frame.

Tom

original.

2. Good captures, Tom. It's so funny and I like that very much.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Boy, talk about starting off on the wrong foot! That boy's gotta learn that devotion to the Mrs is job 1!

4. yep

She obviously caught him on his blind and deaf side. He's going to learn some painful lessons.

Nice sequence Tom.

Pete

5. All you have to know for a successful marriage is......"yes dear"

:biggrin:

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Reminds me of what happened when Patrick and I got married. The wedding was beautiful. Everything was perfect. My dress, the flowers, the music, the solo, the reading....everything! Then came the reception. My mother and I had catered it ourselved (and left it to my aunts to actually put the spread out). Anyone who knows us, knows that we don't do anything small....and of course my wedding was to be no exception. There was food....food....food....and more food. My mother, being a southerner, even did a traditional handmade chocolates table with about 30 different types of candies. Still, everything was perfect....It wasn't until the cake cutting time that we ran into a hitch. Patrick and I stood there together, looking into each others eyes, as only a newly married couple does....we sliced into the wonderful cake my mother had made.....gently put the slice onto a plate....and Patrick took that first bite all by himself!!!! Everyone watching started laughing and poor Patrick had no idea what had gone wrong. So I had to quietly explain that we were supposed to feed each other....and so we did and it's been a wonderful marriage ever since.

Btw, these are wonderful pictures from the wedding you shot...would love to see more!

7. Brew

Brew Guest

Poor fella didn't know what he was getting into!!!!! :frown:

8. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Thanks to all for your kind comments.

Leigh, I think you summed it all up here... we boys need training and there's no sense delaying the program, once the rings are exchanged!

Tom

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great stuff, Tom. Love the facial expressions and their playfulness very much.

10. Comical, original, great expressions, perfect. This will be something they will remember forever. Good capture.

11. Wow great work these are the moments that you are happy that you can shoot a serie of shots. Love the expression of the woman and the men. The photo's tell the story itself. And leigh thanks for sharing your story. Poor Patrick i would have done the same for sure. Look at that lovely cake isn't it time we going to eat that (that would be my reaction for sure). Why allways share if you can be the first to try it out (haha :tongue: ).

I bet the Married couple would love the photo's for sure. If the groom likes them i think he will but soon the photo's will be put in the back of the album for sure, and every wedding anneversiry the photo's pop up to everybodies attention again.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

12. Brew

Brew Guest

I have a confession…

After 21 years of marriage I still get teased for the fact that when the priest said you may now kiss the bride, I forgot to. I was so glad it was over I didn’t even hear him say those words plus the fact that it was 95 and humid I just wanted to get out of there :redface:

13. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Thanks again for all of your kind comments.

I was just hearing from the groom's dad, (who is laughing in the backgound) that he might be having too much fun with this series for his son to take. Sam, (the groom), will likely be "enjoying" these pics for a long time. ;-)

Tom