The first of 2006....(pic)

Well after a very busy Christmas season and almost a full month of nothing but cloud and fog. I finally gave up and went out to (try) and capture something worth keeping.

This can be a little tricky when one cannot see more than 20' in front of your face. So after bumping around for a bit I gave up and just snapped this shot and went home with my tail between my legs.

Darn I hate it when the weather warms up and we got all this darn fog.....
What a waste of a perfectly good winter....

Oh well I need to start 2006 someplace so it might as well be here....

Shot #1 for 2006....

54371088.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I know the shot is no hell but for now i'll blame it on the camera...:Whistle:

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Doug,
with a start like this, i get the feeling the Cafe is in for a treat from you and the north.
Dave

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Beautiful shot, Doug! What a great start to the year.

Doug,

That's a beauty!

When I see your images I realize that there are things right under our noses that we can be shooting.

We've had bad fog every morning down here in Florida for over a week and I never thought of going out there--now I'm hoping for more fog.

Thanks for sharing your 2006 'start' with us,
:wink:

If that is a tail between your legs shot I don't understand photography. Lovely image so soft and mysterious. Thanks for sharing your talent Doug.

Thanks, Doug! Yet another reminder that we just need to stop, clear our heads of preconceived notions, and look around for image-worthy scenes that may be right in front of us...

Nice moody feel to this one.

GeeJay said:
Doug,

That's a beauty!

When I see your images I realize that there are things right under our noses that we can be shooting.

We've had bad fog every morning down here in Florida for over a week and I never thought of going out there--now I'm hoping for more fog.

Thanks for sharing your 2006 'start' with us,
:wink:

Good Morning Gaye....

I'm just trying to get to your level... After seeing your "Best of 2005"...
I'm not sure if I can get there or not.

greyflash said:
If that is a tail between your legs shot I don't understand photography. Lovely image so soft and mysterious. Thanks for sharing your talent Doug.

Heck Gordon....
The "old" tail between shot is when you just GIVE UP"... POINT THE CAMERA AND CLICK THE DARN SHUTTER....:wink:

I'm sure you have done it a couple times yourself.....lol

DavidM said:
Thanks, Doug! Yet another reminder that we just need to stop, clear our heads of preconceived notions, and look around for image-worthy scenes that may be right in front of us...

Nice moody feel to this one.

Well Dave....
There is more times than I can count that I walked and walked looking for a shot. But then remembers the wise words of Jarrell Conley and stopped to look real hard at everything you can see from were you are standing

28224845.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for the kind words

Love both of them! You're off to a good start - still haven't dusted my gear off yet this year - dark grey skies with rain. I'll take fog!

Latest threads

Top Bottom