The Flash

Discussion in 'People' started by Farmergirl, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Yesterday was my son's 5th bday and he had some friends over. Of coarse they got into the costume box and we had a superhero party. Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Turtle and of course Flash Gordan.
    [​IMG]

Sarah

2. very nice Sarah!

what - no Marvin-the-Martian? I guess I am getting old....

3. You know it is kinda funny. My son wanted to be Flash for Halloween a couple years ago.....he is not the most popular superhero (Batman,superman)
    It was so hard to find this costume..I had to order it from internet. What you won't do for your kids.:wink: The sad part is no kids knew who he was....all the adults did though.

Sarah

4. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Great shot Sarah - that little guy sure has some beautiful eyes.

5. I know Flash Gordon well and carried the nickname when I was younger to prove it. The old Flash Gordon movies were so hokey as to be laughable by today's standards but they were cool back then. Tell your son he picked a good hero to emulate and when he get's old he can become Greyflash.

6. That is funny that you say the old movies are hokey. The boys love watching them. Even the old batman and robin with the kapow and blam. They love watching this more than the new stuff.

Sarah

7. Are you sure they are watching the original (read old) Flash Gordon movies. Trust me, they are hokey. Now Batman and Robin I can agree with you.

8. I am sure!! And I know they are hokey but in a good way. I would much rather them watch this than a lot of the violence on tv today.

Sarah

9. Gordon, that's the Flash not Flash Gordon. The Flash is one of the Marvel comics superheros. He has nothing to do with Flash Gordon or Ming the Merciless!

10. No wonder Sarah wasn't picking up on what I was saying. We were both a generation apart. She is too young to even know who Flash Gordon is. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Although she did say Flash Gordan in her writeup. The only difference is she spelled Gordon wrong. Hmmmmm, maybe her father gave her some old B&W Flash Gordon movies.

11. Hey Mitchell

Glad you cleared everything up. I was thinking of a different Flash:redface:....but I do know who Flash Gordan is!

Sarah

12. Thanks for saying I am young!!