1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Foggy River

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by NateS, Aug 4, 2009.

1. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Seemed like a fitting title. I'd love general thoughts as well as which you prefer...no fog or with fog.

no fog
    p1055750154-4.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

with fog
    View attachment 390080

It may just be me, but you have to look at the fog version for a little while after the non-fog to make it look right. I know which way I prefer (I think) but would like other thoughts/opinions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  2. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    bump....anybody??

3. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Maybe I need a more subtle edit....
    [​IMG]

4. Of the 3, I prefer the last one. The first 2 have no appeal to my eye. I think the background is a bit cluttered (even thought all 3 are the same) and the processing overdone. With the last one, the green helps make what I am viewing seem like a real place.

God Bless,
    David

5. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Thanks David. Based on lack of reponse here and responses from another forum, I think I'm going to give this one to the trash bin and chalk it up as another failed landscape attempt. I think maybe I should just stick to tiny critters and people.

6. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    Nate, can you post your last pic in sepia or b/w with slight vignette? I think that may be a good option for this pic. It would make a great background for the right portrait as well. Hang on to it I say.

7. No 3 is nice!

8. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    I will try to do that and post it up. You are right though....this would be an awesome place to go for a portrait shoot....I'll have to remember that. It's about 25 miles from home, but that's not too far I don't think. I would feel much more comfortable in this location if doing portraits rather than landscapes.

9. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    First two aren't showing for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.