The French Alps panorama...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JPS, Jan 7, 2006.

1. My first shot(s) of 2006 ! 12 pics for about 130 degrees view, stiched with Panorama Factory.

Nikon D70 with Tamron SP 28-75 @ 75 mm. - All manual at 1:180 @ f/11 - RAW

54507279.Pano1_w.

BTW, there's another panorama, far better IMO, than the previous one, but too large a file to be uploaded here (895Ko.) in my Pbase gallery at http://www.pbase.com/scherrer/image/54507291

Strangely enough, it's smaller than the first one (5528x600 vs 5928x600), but i guess there's more details in it, so that what makes the file larger... Mind you, the "original" JPG panorama file was 19000x1900 pixels for 28 Mo. [​IMG]

Any comment/critic on both ?

Cheers,
    J-P.

PS. pity i had to save both panos at "quality 3" in PS, wich seriously degrades the overall quality... You should see the BIG original... mmmhhhhh !

2. breath taking!

3. Awesome, J-P.

4. Gorgeous pano JP!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic, Beautiful..
    Went to pbase to see the other one.

Marvelous work. Just beautiful

6. NickK

NickK

Jan 4, 2006
    Beaconsfield, UK
    Wow - fantastic!

7. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Beatiful!

8. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Captivating scene JP,and your raw copy must be incredible.
    Id bet this one would work well in B n W also.

9. WOW, that thing goes on forever. Nice image for sure.

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very cool J-P! A great composition..

11. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Great Images

I especially like the one with the link - that is beautiful.

Great images - they really are,

All the best

Ray

12. Woaaah ! that's a great idea Pete ! I never made B&W images since my TRI-X time, some 10 -or more- years ago, when my "darkroom" was indeed DARK !!!

I'll give it a try... thank you for the tip !

Cheers,
    J-P.

13. Thanks Gordon ! ...you should see the "original size" 5900 pixels long :smile: ! THAT'S looooong !

Cheers,
    J-P.

14. Cool ?!? ...you can bet your a$$ ! Temperature was around 8 degrees Farenheit up there :eek: ...

Cheers,
    J-P.

15. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Wow, Stunning are the words that come to me.

Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC

16. Hi Pete !

I converted it in B&W and uploaded it at http://www.pbase.com/image/54662570

...i don't know wich version i prefer, but i reckon the B&W one looks very dramatic...!?!

Cheers,
    J-P.

17. Stunning! Now, how would this look as a 20ft long print? :)

Ming

18. txbonds

txbonds

Dec 10, 2005
    Florida
    Very nice. Sure wish I could have been there in person. Bet it was awe inspiring.

19. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Too Blue JP. Looks like a poster that's been fading in a storefront window for too long. Great stitch though!

Mike