The Front Yard 4/12/13

The mountains to our east aren't in light until late March, as the sun doesn't get far enough to the west , but now they are once again (October to March there is no sunlight on them at all). This is the view we see from our living room and dining room. This was shot at 9:30 PM. It's now light from 5AM until about 11:30 PM.

craggie.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

sensational photo. LOvely scenery for a front yard. May be bit too cold for me .
You should get lots of lovely photo for sunrise somewhere near your home.

Great shot, million dollar view.

Thanks, we didn't pay that much for it, but it wasn't cheap....

sensational photo. LOvely scenery for a front yard. May be bit too cold for me .
You should get lots of lovely photo for sunrise somewhere near your home.

Pretty soon we won't have sunrise/sunset, as it will be light all day and night. It has been cold this spring, with big snow storms this past week.

Hi Steve
How do you ever get to see TV with a view like that.
Thanks for sharing
Nico

Thanks Nico! We have a TV, but only use it to watch DVD's or streaming videos. We don't have and don't want normal TV, which for us would be satellite as we are far away from any other service.

That is one nice view to have to look at, thanks for sharing.
Do you have to wear a eye mask to sleep?

Phil..........:smile:

Thankyou.

Beautiful sight!
Yes, we never grow tired of it!

That is one nice view to have to look at, thanks for sharing.
Do you have to wear a eye mask to sleep?

Phil..........:smile:

No, I can sleep when it's "nightime" even if it's bright daylight. I have camped along the arctic coasts in summer, and thought about trying to change my sleep habits, but still fell asleep at my normal time, though I do start getting up by 3AM.

Thanks Ron.

Ron: being so close to wilderness. Do you have to have some weapon in case of bears or wild life coming too close. I would imagine you have to becareful when you walk outside at night etc.

Ron: being so close to wilderness. Do you have to have some weapon in case of bears or wild life coming too close. I would imagine you have to becareful when you walk outside at night etc.

David, I'm Steve. We see bears (both brown and black) pretty often in the summer, or tracks of them near our house. There is a river with salmon about 1/2 mile away, and it always has brown bears. I've had lots of experience with them, worked on research projects with brown bears, and also worked for the NPS, and assisted on "bear management". I don't fear them, but I do respect them. I've had one friend killed by a bear, met Timothy Treadwell in Katmai (when I was there to photograph bears) and saw the stupidity that he was doing, thinking that bears were his "friends". I don't carry a gun except when I am camping in an area where guns are allowed, and I've never felt the need to use it. We've had many close encounters, some that definitely caused a great heart rate increase, but generally I believe if you use common sense, things will be OK. We have far more danger of dying in an automobile crash! Thousands of people walk in bear country here every summer, and there are only a few who have problems. More people die from river crossings, or falling than from bears. Most bear attacks involve close encounters with a female with young, or surprising a bear at very close range, and most are not fatal. Assuming that Sydney is Australia, you guys have more critters that can cause problems than we do by far!

Steve: ( apologies with name)

Anyway, I do recall the guy who got killed by the bears. It must be fascinating to live at your place. Close to nature. Look forward to see more amazing landscape , sunrise and sunset .
take care.

I hate you ... :tongue:

Kidding aside, what a beautiful view! Yes, I could get used to this ...

Nice shot. I would love to have that looking out my front yard.

You can´t imagine how much I envy your views...:smile:
Great shot of a beautiful view!

Thanks everyone. We are proud of the area we live in, so we like to show it off to other people!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom