The Frontiersman.

Real Name
Bill
A friend of mine who does frontier reenactments came by the homestead in his full 19th century garb along with his dog Molly. He asked if I would take a few shots by the cabin on the river for a casting call he has. The cabin is an original 1800's cabin that Butch Cassidy stayed in around 1869 pre Wild Bunch/Sundance Kid days.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill
Nice shots. Curious if you tried them in b&w?
I did a few in different types of B&W with the Silver effects plug in for Lightroom. I can't say I did many though.
I have to be honest I don't normally take pictures of people. I'm more of a landscape and wildlife guy.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
#2 and 4 in post #1 are outstanding (it REALLY helps folks to comment on individual images if you number them......)

Images #1 and 3 ini post #6 are excellent also!

Mountain men can't talk :D

I think the B&W treatment helps.
I don't know about that "can't talk". I volunteered at the city operated shooting range here in town for about 15 years as a range master. My experience is all they do is talk; they take a shot and then spend a minimum of 2 hours discussing it and anything and everything imaginable. The amount of gab goes up exponentially based on the number of them present. They'd show up right at opening to get the best benches and stay all day.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom