The Future Of 3 Event Watersking

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by rbsmith, Jul 26, 2007.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Here are some shots of the kids involved in the watersking competition that I shot this weekend. The future looks good.
    Slalom: Brother and Sister
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tricks:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a little oof, but it would have been great if I had nailed it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy is 7 yrs old:
    [​IMG]

He nailed his Trick run:
    [​IMG]

I'm having trouble with the jump shots. I will add them later.
    Thanks for looking.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Those kids make it look so easy, not even a grimace on their faces. Where's the Advil? Nice shooting Rex, it looks as though you are having a great summer.

3. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Again a nice set of shots Rex

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks Frank and Joe

5. Outstanding action shots Rex. Just watching these helped me cool off a bit :smile:.
    Man, these kids really look good!

6. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks Frits. They really are good. I have some shot of the blond kids jumping. But I keep getting an error message when I try to upload them to smugmug. I will post them when I get the problem worked out.

7. Gmas

Gmas

Mar 22, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Amazing shots! Always love action sports pics :)

8. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Rex great shots. The two slalom skiers are hitten it. But the boy in the first one is giving it his all, Just look at the determination and energy in his facial expresion. It is great to see young kids on a single. So many out here just want to wear bagy shorts almost falling off and ride a wake board or wake skate or whatever else is the latest and greatest.

Now for those trick skiers also neat to see. I'm interested in that rope that their foot is hooked in, some kind of safety release I hope. My oldest son now is 20 yrs old. Full time student and has a job. We just do not get on the water much any more.

9. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks for commenting.

I know what you mean about the wakeboarders. Years ago when wakeboarders were trying to make their way into the AWSA. The 3 eventers were really fighting it. They even passed out t-shirts at regionals. On the front it asked what the difference was between a vacuum cleaner and a wakeboard. On the back it had a longhaired guy with shorts falling off on a wake board and said "Its the way the dirt bag attaches":eek: Needless to say the wakeboarders won out. Now my sons are wakeboarding instead of 3 eventing. It is so much easier to wakeboard, as far as not having to have a lake specifically for it. Also wakeboarding probably saved the inboard ski boat industry. Have you seen the prices they get for those things now?

For the toe tricks, they have a quick release that attaches to the pylon. Someone sits in the boat, for the kids its usually a parent, when they think the skier is going down, they pull the release. It can be very nerve racking. Especially at Nationals when you think your kid is going down. You pull the release and he recovers only to sink into the water as the boat continues on.:frown::mad: It happened to me.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow those kids can ski

Super shots

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Outstanding shots...I don't see how those kids do it!

12. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks Gale and Jeff.